At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth! Amazon is a place where builders can build. We hire the world's brightest minds and offer them an environment in which they can invent and innovate to improve the experience for our customers.
The AWS Facility Operations Center is looking to hire a highly motivated Support Engineer to join our 6 month trainee program. The Facility Operations Center is responsible for 24x7 monitoring of global data center infrastructure as well as supporting onsite technicians with alarm , change , and customer support needs.
The ideal candidate will have a basic understanding of Data Center Infrastructure or have a desire to develop the required skills on the job. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing assistance and support to onsite technicians from around the world.
Whether you are new to the data center industry or have several years of experience, come build your career with us. If you are passionate about customer experience, excited to develop new skills, and want to contribute to the operational excellence of Amazon Data Centers then this is the place for you.
Roles, Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Able to properly respond, acknowledge, investigate, and dispatch critical infrastructure alarms
- Monitor the global facility infrastructure platform
- Will perform change tasks
- Provides first level troubleshooting for assigned tickets and alarms
- Follows all processes, policies & procedures
- Ensures records are updated in a timely manner
- Able to follow instruction & take direction
- Independent and self driven
- Project manage small scopes of work
- Able and willing to work from a computer work station for 12 hour shifts
- Ability to work from home as required
- The ability to support a 24x7 environment (This is rotating 12 hour shift work which requires that you work weekends, evenings, and holidays)
- Recent university/TAFE level technical degree/diploma (graduated within the last 12 months), or
- One year experience in working in an operations, control/operations center environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain SLAs through the implementation of proactive issue detection and reporting tool
- Ability to follow accurate and complete support procedures, documentation, and issue tracking entries
- Shows good judgment and instincts in decision making
- Proficient computer skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good attention to detail and organizational skills
- Good judgment and instincts
- Able to prioritize in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Good attention to detail and organization skills
- Capability with project managing small project scopes and where required participating as an integral team member in wider more complex scopes of work
- Strong computer skills with the ability to multitask
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
- University/TAFE level technical degree/diploma in Engineering or Computer Science and/or 2+ Years’ experience in working in an operations, control/operations center environment.
- Experience with small to medium project scopes and ambiguous details within work environment
- Less than 5 years of industry work experience preferred.
Amazon is a committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Information Systems, Information Technology, Operations
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:15th Sep 2021, 1:59 pm