Date: The AMP Accounting & Finance program starts in November 2020
Requirements: Bachelor Degree which enables enrolment in to the CA
Purpose of the Role:
A two-year rotational graduate program, the AMP Accounting & Finance program provides graduates with hands-on foundational accounting experience within AMP Finance, ensuring they have a breadth of experience for a successful career post program.
The skills learnt on the program align with the professional study of the CA which is completed as part of the graduate program. Graduates will be financially supported in their completion of the CA program.
Description of the Stream
AMP Finance plays an important role in enabling AMP to adapt and thrive in a changing environment by being responsible for:
- Protecting, creating and reporting on shareholder value
- Partnering with business leaders to achieve strong business performance
- Ensuring that AMP is efficient and cost effective
- Protecting the assets of external customers.
AMP Finance is an influential strategic business partner and a proactive catalyst for change in the AMP business.
To this end, AMP Finance focuses on:
- Driving long term strategy and resource allocation
- Providing advice and insights
- Efficient, agile and simple processes and systems
- Robust governance and financial control.
This stream provides an opportunity for graduates to complete four, six-monthly rotations across two core areas during their first year, and two elective areas in the second year. Areas include, but are not limited to, those listed below.
- Core: Financial Control – Supports AMP’s strategy by directly maintaining the Financial Control Framework and Financial Accounting of the organisation. Examples include: Financial Accounting; General Ledger maintenance; Reconciliations and Analysis; Audit process management; and Tax Accounting.
- Core: Performance and Planning – Supporting AMP’s various business areas to add value and form business insights through financial reporting and analytics. Examples include, Cashflow and expense reporting; Sales and retention metrics; Performance reporting; Investor reports; and ad-hoc financial reports.
- Core: Statutory Reporting – Responsible for the preparation of statutory and regulatory reports for an ASX-listed entity. Examples include: Setting and developing accounting policy; Providing technical advice; Consolidation of numerous business and investment entities; Facilitating the production and review of financial reports; and Preparing consolidated and entity statutory reports and regulatory returns based on the General Ledger and non-ledger data sourced from other teams and providers.
- Core: Internal Audit – Supports AMP’s strategy by providing independent, objective assurance services to evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of AMP’s governance, risk management and control processes.
- Elective: Treasury – Responsible for managing the liquidity and balance sheets risks and capital position for the AMP Group and AMP Bank. Examples include: Front office (dealing); as well as middle and back office (settlement and reporting). Treasury also provides internal advisory and execution services.
- Elective: Business Performance – Partnering with one of AMP’s business units (such as AMP Australia) to provide finance support and insight to solve business problems on a day-to-day basis while developing business acumen and influencing skills. Examples include: Business reporting and advice – incorporating volumes, margins, experience, expenses, capital and return on equity; Planning and forecasting KPI’s; and Business case reviews.
- Elective: Enterprise Risk Management (“ERM”) – accountable for developing and implementing AMP’s ERM Framework. The ERM Framework is the totality of systems, structures, policies, processes and people within AMP that identify, assess, respond, monitor and review all internal and external sources of risk that could have a material impact on AMP. ERM provides risk management capability, high quality advice, insight and support to our business partners.
- Elective: Portfolio Strategy and Mergers & Acquisitions (“M&A”) – Responsible for formulating recommendations about the optimal deployment of capital across AMP’s businesses and managing M&A-related activity for the AMP Group. Consideration is given to the market environment (economic, industry, competitors), organisational capabilities, competitive advantages and the allocation of scarce resources (capacity and capital).
Where could this stream take you:
Examples of roles that graduates roll off the program into are:
- Business Performance Planning, or Reporting Analyst, partnered with our business areas
- Financial Accountant
- Statutory Reporting Accountant
- reasury. Financial Risk, M&A, or Capital Analyst
For a full role profile and more information click here.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Actuary, Banking and Finance, Business...
- Work rights:
New Zealand Citizen, Australian Citizen,...
- Closing Date:21st Mar 2020, 12:59 pm