At ANZ, we are driven by our purpose which is to shape a world where people and communities thrive. Our purpose not only underpins our business strategy, it guides the decisions and actions we take every day as we serve individuals, families, businesses and communities.
If you’re motivated by creating social good, join us. We know we play an important role in society, and we don’t take that lightly.
Be a part of building communities, providing people with opportunity, and helping to transform ideas, hard work and ambition into reality.
Our graduate programs are designed to challenge and reward. We help grow curious minds and develop careers for those motivated to make a positive difference for our customers and community.
We’re on the hunt for graduates who love workshopping ideas, are keen to embrace and explore innovation, and have exceptional taste in music (the last bit is optional...) We want people who aren’t afraid to speak up, share their opinions, develop relationships and influence outcomes.
We’re interested in people with diverse backgrounds, who are excited about joining a bank that’s reinventing itself to address the complex challenges that society faces today, continuously raise standards in banking, and create opportunities for generations to come.
No matter where your career takes you, our Graduate program will provide you with the foundation you need to grow and succeed.
TAKE A LEAP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION
One of the best ways to learn is to throw you into new experiences. Each of our key business areas in Australia and New Zealand have programs that offer multiple rotations. During the program, you will be given the opportunity to gain 18 months of valuable ‘real life’ work experiences as well as exposure to a diverse range of people, environments and situations before having the opportunity to move into a permanent role within the bank. You will learn through exposure to senior leaders, who will support you through coaching, peer-to-peer learning, mentoring, training, networking and sponsorship within the business.
WANT TO PUT YOURSELF IN THIS PICTURE?
The Risk team is focused on shaping a world where people and communities thrive. That’s why we strive to create a balanced, sustainable economy in which everyone can take part and build a better life. We effectively and efficiently identify and manage evolving compliance and operational risks to keep our customers, employees and business thriving. Do you see yourself in this aspirational culture? We’re looking for people who want to continue to grow, maximising their skills, experience and potential. Join us so we can continue to transform how we work across ANZ. We’re hiring for now and for the future.
OK SO TELL ME MORE….
As a Risk Grad, you’ll be rotating through 3 different roles in different areas within Group Risk. This graduate program is unique; unlike working in a consulting firm and advising clients, you will be will be getting into the thick of things and contributing and building on our core purpose by directly working on major transformation programs to support ANZ through change.
- We are here to support you in your rotations with the chance to learn a mix of skills development, regular one-on-one coffee catch ups and plenty of social activities with other graduates as well as senior people in Group Risk that you’ll love to learn from. Even during COVID we’re focused on embedding you into our Risk and broader ANZ community.
- You'll have the opportunity to work on a graduate project in the first 6 months which allows you to take ownership of a piece of work entirely! You will be supported by a project sponsor and a project coach but it’ll be your project to deliver on. It’s okay if you stumble, it’s all a learning experience!
Don’t worry if it all sounds a bit much. The best part of working at ANZ is having the support of everyone around you. You don’t have to know everything and have all the answers, we’re all one big team looking at how we can solve some pretty complex problems.
WHERE WILL YOU BE LOCATED?
HERE ARE SOME AREAS YOU MIGHT WORK IN:
Financial Crime - Data Management & Reporting
Do you want to be on the forefront of innovative risk management? You will be working on programs that transform how we assess risk by uplifting data quality in reporting and simplifying/automating processes and systems. This will mean more automated data collection and enriched investigator tools so we can have uplifted information and insights. These initiatives help our people stop money-laundering, fraud, modern slavery and other types of financial crime!
Can you think outside the box? Are you an innovator who is passionate about delivering tools and processes? You can support our vision of having the right people and doing things in the right way to make risk a part of the way we work and think at ANZ.
Do you enjoy working with customers and being part of an engaged and vibrant team? You will contribute to creating and executing on customer strategies in order to achieve the best outcome for ANZ and the customer. In this values led business, we recognise the need to balance the outcome between the Bank and the customer, and to maintain key focus we have 4 Strategic Pillars that we strive to deliver against: Customer Experience, Staff Experience, Well Managed, and Trusted Advisor. This is a dynamic Global Business where you will have the opportunity to learn across a number of segment specialisations ranging from Institutional through to Agri customers.
HERE’S WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY FOR ANZ’S GRAD PROGRAM
- Develop strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Drive change through understanding of risk management
- Learn best practices from experienced colleagues and experts
- Learn about cutting edge technologies
- We will enable you to work in an ever-changing environment with the ability to react positively and independently
- You will be helping make ANZ a safer, faster and more resilient bank
- You’ll work in a sustainable environment (we even have our own wind farm)
- Improving the financial health of our customers
- We are looking for people who can empathise with our customers
- Work in a great culture
- Celebrate learning opportunities – We are only human! Let’s learn from our mistakes and move on
- Psychological safety – Speak up culture is very important here (and is driven by Risk!)
- Emphasis on personal growth and development
You must be wondering by now if it is really a job in a bank. We assure you that it is and we were all surprised when we started our journey too!
ENOUGH ABOUT US, WHAT ABOUT YOU?
- Are you someone who asks why a lot?
We love curious people challenging the status quo.
- Do you think outside of the box?
Variety of views allow us to come up with the best solutions.
- Would you say you have greet attention to detail?
Did you spot our spelling mistake? We are looking for people who will notice the little things that are essential to keeping our customers safe.
- Are you a bit analytical?
Do you prefer to step back and think, or are you expressive and want to be in the centre of what’s going on? We have roles that appeal to a diverse range of people and personalities.
- Are you a fun, positive meme-lover?
- Do you love working with a wide range of people?
We are looking for confident communicators who don’t mind sharing their ideas and collaborating with the best. We are looking to hire problem solvers who think big and bring their unique experiences to our team.
ARE YOU IN?
We want to get to know you for who you really are, and don’t believe that we can assess that by simply reading your resume or LinkedIn profile. This means that there’s no need to send us a copy of your resume, or even your cover letter. Instead, we invite you to take part in a series of games which assess a range of cognitive abilities. That’s it. If you move to the next stage, we’ll invite you to do a Personality Questionnaire. There are no right or wrong answers, we just want to learn more about how you prefer to work.
From here, you’ll be invited to complete a digital interview (meaning you can interview from the comfort of home), where you record your answers to prompts in a series of short videos. Finally, we’d love to meet you in-person in our office where we have an assessment centre that includes an interview and role play.
This could be the perfect opportunity for you to take your career to the next level. Apply today!
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Administration, Arts and Humanities, Banking...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, Australian Citizen
- Closing Date:30th Aug 2021, 12:59 pm