Do you want to work with one of Australia’s leading energy infrastructure businesses?
APA Group is an excellent place to see what your career could look like. As an Intern or Vacationer and part of an APA team, you’ll learn from a group of passionate professionals who work safely, and responsibly to deliver Australia’s energy.
As an ASX top 50 organisation we invest in you. As a growing and dynamic business, we have the support to enable you advance your career. Completing a Vacation Program or Internship can often lead to ongoing job opportunities and entry to our Graduate Development Program. We embrace our social responsibility as a successful business, and engage in sustainable initiatives to benefit the environment and local communities where we work.
Based in our Sydney head office, this is a great opportunity for an Electrical Engineering student (with an understanding of economics and finance) to work in APA’s Power Business Development group. It will stimulate students interested in power generation, financial modelling and business planning. Double Degree students are welcomed.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain exposure to APA’s power business. The role will be fully supervised with the potential for travel to APA’s power generation sites.
Supervised projects and tasks will provide exposure to the business development and engineering process.
You will be involved in:
- Maintaining/updating/modifying Microsoft access databases
- Undertaking basic power system analysis. This will require an understanding of electrical power systems analysis (e.g. loadflow studies)
- Assisting electrical design engineers with concept design and analysis
- Analysing NEM data such as generation output, demand and market pricing;
- Reviewing of existing plant operating performance and developing analytical models for plant performance (templates to develop $/HR, $/O&M, Heat rate/Operation, Reliability etc. that are common for Power Assets);
- Assisting with project planning and collation of modelling inputs (financial);
- Assisting project group with Engineering consultants and report revisions and scopes (for development projects).
- 3rd or 4th year undergraduate studying towards a degree in Electrical Engineering with some exposure to Economics and Finance.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Have an interest in the energy generation sector in Australia (natural gas fired & renewables)
- Have an ability to collect, collate and present publicly available technical and financial data;
- Have an interest in business analytics, project development and execution;
- Possess skills in Microsoft Access, Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Ability to travel to remote sites and interstate as needed;
- Australian working permit (mandatory).
- Ability to work over the Christmas period (public holidays and shut down excepted)
If you have the focus, energy, flexibility and ideas that will shape the future of our business for years to come then we’d love to hear from you!
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please upload your CV, a cover letter.
In your cover letter, please address the following:
- How you would benefit from this placement; and,
- What experience or exposure you have had that makes you suitable for the placement.
- Applications close at 9 pm on 17 November 2019
- Start your new role on ASAP
APA is an equal opportunity employer. Our workplace is diverse and inclusive and we value the unique talents, experiences and perspectives you will bring to help strengthen our culture, brand and performance.
- Job type:Internships
Engineering, Engineering Electrical
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Closing Date:17th Nov 2019, 10:00 am