APA Group is an excellent place to see what your career could look like. As an Intern or Vacationer and part of an APA team, you’ll learn from a group of passionate professionals who work safely, and responsibly to deliver Australia’s energy.
As an ASX top 50 organisation we invest in you. As a growing and dynamic business, we have the support to enable you to advance your career. Completing a Vacation Program or Internship can often lead to ongoing job opportunities and entry to our Graduate Development Program. We embrace our social responsibility as a successful business, and engage in sustainable initiatives to benefit the environment and local communities where we work.
Based in our Spring Hill office, we have an opportunity in our Power team. This is a 3 month fixed term role (with the possibility for ongoing work).
Reporting to the Reliability Engineer, you will play a key role in supporting the operations team on reliability and process improvement projects for the two HVDC interconnectors operated by APA.
You will experience:
- On-the-job training
- Meaningful work
- Mentoring from a senior employee
- An inclusive and supportive work environment
You will be involved in:
- Assisting the operations engineering team with engineering analysis and processes improvement for the HVDC interconnectors
- Collecting and analysing performance data
- Assisting in management of plant design changes,
- Improving procedures and processes,
- Implementing performance and reliability improvement projects.
- Studying towards a degree in Electrical Engineering
- Have a focus on Power Systems, Power Electronics or Control Systems would be preferred.
- Be able to communicate with a broad range of people; verbally and written.
- Be able to complete tasks with minimum direction/supervision
- Be organised and proactive
- Possess a current drivers license
If you have the focus, energy, flexibility and ideas that will shape the future of our business for years to come then we’d love to hear from you!
How to apply:
- Submit your Cover Letter, CV, and application via the “Apply” button
- Applications close on 27 September 2019
- Start your new role on 2 December 2019
APA is an equal opportunity employer. Our workplace is diverse and inclusive and we value the unique talents, experiences and perspectives you will bring to help strengthen our culture, brand and performance.
- Job type:Internships
Engineering, Engineering Electrical
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Closing Date:27th Sep 2019, 11:00 am