Bring your energy!
Do you want to work with one of Australia’s leading energy infrastructure businesses?
APA Group is an excellent place to see what your career could look like. As an Intern or Vacationer and part of an APA team, you’ll learn from a group of passionate professionals who work safely, and responsibly to deliver Australia’s energy.
As an ASX top 50 organisation we invest in you. As a growing and dynamic business, we have the support to enable you to advance your career. Completing a Vacation Program or Internship can often lead to ongoing job opportunities and entry to our Graduate Development Program. We embrace our social responsibility as a successful business, and engage in sustainable initiatives to benefit the environment and local communities where we work.
Based in one of our metropolitan offices in either Spring Hill, Brisbane or Southbank, Melbourne; we have an exciting opportunity for an undergraduate mechanical engineer and for you to be part of our Infrastructure Development Division. You will work with the existing Facilities Reliability Engineers observing and learning about different types of assets and their functions while analysing failure data and connecting failure modes with root causes. You will have the opportunity to experience the full application of a continuous improvement program from failure investigation through to mitigating/eliminating actions. Using analytical tools such as Excel, Power BI and PI Vision, you will gain experience in the development of visual analysis models.
You will be involved in:
- Understanding the various processes and systems that make up a reliability framework.
- Understanding how quality data plays a part in quality analysis and improvement recommendations.
- Understanding how visual management tools enhance analysis and communication
- Understanding the importance of equipment criticality in reliability execution
- Understanding the role engineers have in shaping the culture and behaviours within a business.
- Understand the importance of robust maintenance platforms.
- Based in Brisbane or Melbourne
- 2nd, 3rd or 4th year student studying towards a degree in mechanical engineering
- Be able to communicate with a broad range of people; verbally and written.
- Possess high computer and program literacy
- Proven solid analytical and problem solving ability
- Hold a valid Australian manuals driver’s license
- Be available to travel interstate if required.
- Be available to work over the Christmas holiday period (other than public holidays)
If you have the focus, energy, flexibility and ideas that will shape the future of our business for years to come then we’d love to hear from you!
How to apply:
Please upload your CV and a cover letter. In your cover letter, please address the following:
- How you meet the requirements of the role.
- How you would benefit from this placement.
- What experience or exposure you have had that makes you suitable for the placement.
- Applications close on 4th October 2019
- Start your new role in late November 2019
APA is an equal opportunity employer. Our workplace is diverse and inclusive and we value the unique talents, experiences and perspectives you will bring to help strengthen our culture, brand and performance.
- Job type:Internships
Engineering, Engineering Mechanical, Mining Oil and...
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Closing Date:4th Oct 2019, 11:00 am