- Opportunity for a senior IT security professional to drive transformational change
- Experience in developing and implementing IT Security standards and providing advice and guidance diplomatically will be highly regarded
- Permanent full-time role, located in Sydney
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to ASIC’s vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians. We value what you will bring. We value those with sharp, analytical minds and are open to challenging the way things are done.
The IT Security team is responsible for protecting ASIC’s information and technology assets and environments, providing an IT security advisory service for ASIC, and managing a security framework under which applications and systems are measured in terms of compliance against government requirements.
As the IT Security Senior Manager, you will be required to:
· lead and manage a team that provides IT security services that meet ASIC’s business and information protection needs including cyber governance, risk and compliance, pro-active monitoring, and capabilities to protect, detect and response to threats in the environment
· manage the team’s budget including maintaining forecasted OPEX/CAPEX spends. Contribute to budget process to ensure suitable funding for IT Security objectives
· develop and manage ASIC’s IT Security policy and formal security framework. Develop and implement IT security planning and strategies focused on operational excellence and protecting ASIC’s IT assets
· develop simple and repeatable processes to identify, assess and facilitate the management of IT security risks including planning for future challenges in security requirements and IT trends
· build collaborative relationships with other ASIC IT groups to ensure the ISM and IT Security policies and objectives are well understood and built into processes, designs, projects, and communications
· participate in and contribute to projects to advise on IT security considerations, propose options and strategies to ensure compliance and consistency with security policies and standards
· develop simple, actionable, and repeatable metrics and report on ASIC’s IT security capability to the CISO, CIO, Commission, and internal auditors
· collaborate with internal stakeholders to maintain and update disaster recovery and business continuity plans and arrangements
- Experience in an IT security management role and/or equivalent combination of education and experience in IT security, IT auditing or operational risk management fields.
- Experiencing managing, coaching, and mentoring a team of IT specialists.
- Experience in developing and implementing IT security policies, standards, guidelines, and processes in a multi-platform IT environment.
- Experience providing advice to senior management to guide and influence diplomatically.
- Ability to read, analyse, interpret, and summarise general business information, professional and technical documents, budgets, and data reports.
- Experience working collaboratively with multifunctional project teams, building, and maintaining productive working relationships
Applications for this role will close at 11:59pm on 27 August 2021
ASIC is Australia's integrated corporate, markets, financial services and consumer credit regulator.
ASIC has a broad mandate. We are a regulator; a policy advisory body; a consumer protection agency; a licensing body; a financial educator and consumer advocate; and a company and professional registry. And we are a law enforcement agency.
This work is directed to one principal aim: to realise ASIC’s vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians.
Underpinning ASIC’s vision is the recognition that every cent in the financial system is other people’s money.
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to achieving ASIC’s vision.
ASIC is committed to a providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. Indigenous Australians are encouraged to apply as well as applicants from all backgrounds and with different abilities.
To work with us, you must be an Australian citizen, and be prepared to complete an ASIC Suitability and Baseline Assessment which is issued ASIC’s Personnel Security Team.
Please view the position description for more information or click ‘apply’ to start your application.
- Job type:Alumni Jobs
Cyber Security, Information Technology
- Work rights:
New South Wales,...
- POSITION START DATE
Aug 2021 (approx)
- Closing Date:27th Aug 2021, 12:59 pm