What we do
At AusNet Services we connect communities with energy. With increasing levels of renewable energy, we are reimagining how people consume, generate and access energy in the future and building a sustainable energy future, where people are connected to new sources of energy.
If you want to be a part of the transformation of the energy sector in Australia, then here is your opportunity.
Our Graduate Program
Our goal is to build you up for success. Our 2 year Graduate Program includes rotations within a core business unit and the opportunity to have a rotation in another division to build understanding of what we do and capability and skills in different areas. At the end of your Graduate Program, you will be transferred to permanent role within the AusNet Services matched to your skills, capability, and career pathway.
As a Graduate of our Business stream, you will be working in different business areas, with a focus initially and ongoing in your area of specialty. Business graduates will work primarily within the People & Safety, Marketing & Comms, Strategy & Transformation, Governance & Risk and Finance business units.
What you will be delivering
People & Safety
- Build effective relationships the wider business and support them in HR matters.
- Monitor, review and update all policies in line with current legislation and best practice.
- Prepare information briefings, instructions and guides on a range of HR related topics to continuously improve HR systems and practices.
- Analyse various HR data for trends and provide insights on findings.
Strategy & Transformation
- Develop and support market research and entry strategies, with a view on informing the business unit on relevant trends such as emerging competition, substitute products and services, and customer needs.
- Develop and support business models for innovative energy services for commercial and residential customers.
- Develop and support performance management tools, such as KPI dashboards and tracking, to increase productivity and ensure the achievement of business objectives
- Collaborate with the wider business to ensure optimal alignment across multiple teams, and achievement of collective business objectives.
Governance & Risk
- Assist with Board and Company Secretarial support, including preparation of research and analysis of corporate governance issues.
- Assist in the preparation of external reports, including Annual and Corporate Governance Statements.
- Provide support to the risk and compliance team with risk reviews including engaging and supporting stakeholders in the identification and control of risks.
- Support the internal audit team in the conduct of operational, compliance and financial audits.
- Assist with the preparation of Statutory Financial Statements
- Engage with business stakeholders to provide insight into their financial results
- Prepare analysis to inform the annual corporate budgeting process
- Support the accurate management and reconciliation of the General Ledger
- Conduct internal audit procedures in relation to Finance processes
Land & Planning
- Support in the analysis of Project Brief documents and identification of scope of works requirements connected to land and easement acquisition, planning and environment approvals and cultural heritage inclusion.
- Contribute to the preparation of tender submissions and requests for tenders including scoping, cost estimates, evaluations and reviews.
- Support the negotiation and acquisition of land tenure (easement, leasehold, license, freehold, other) agreements.
- Review of Statutory Planning documentation to identify terms and conditions which impact and influence proposed project works.
Marketing & Communications
- Support the strategic customer and community communications plan for AusNet Services to enhance reputation, brand and engagement for our communities and customers.
- Maintain the company’s image library, publications library, physical and digital merchandising including banners, branded collateral, and templates.
- Publish content and help maintain our corporate website, social media channels and video sharing channel.
- Liaise with employees and community groups and coordinate photography and publicity.
- Collaborate with other business units to enhance and promote effective communication; promote cross-unit programs; and ensure consistency and quality in communication of AusNet Services key priorities and programs.
What we like about you
- Your ability to build and grow authentic relationships for positive impact.
- You actively collaborate to share insights, lessons learned and wins widely with others.
- Your ability to cut through complexity and find the simplest solutions.
- You show personal commitment to learning every day.
What we offer
We offer a diverse, inclusive and supportive team culture to support you to achieve, grow and build a career within AusNet Services. Our continuous learning culture will provide you with many learning and development tools and opportunities, including access to LinkedIn Learning, inclusive learning sessions and mentoring programs.
To be eligible to apply for our Business Graduate Program, you will have full working rights in Australia, and have graduated in 2020 or graduate by 2021, with a degree qualification in any of the fields below:
- Human Resources
- Marketing & Communications
- Land & Property
In your application, please include a cover letter, telling us why you want to be an AusNet Services graduate, a copy of your transcript and your resume. Applications close 2nd August 2021.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Administration, Banking and Finance, Business...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- POSITION START DATE
Feb 2022 (approx)
- Program Duration
- Remote Friendly
- Closing Date:2nd Aug 2021, 1:59 pm