Do you want to work on contemporary policy programs and services within the Australian Government? Graduates from all degrees welcome.
- Commence a full-time position in an Australian Government department or agency, with a generous salary range between $50,000-$80,000 a year
- Advance to a higher classification and salary at the successful completion of the 12-month program
- Undertake rotations in different work areas
- Access on-the-job and formal learning and development opportunities
About the role
As a Generalist Stream graduate, you will have the opportunity to work on contemporary policy and programs within the Australian Government. The work you do will influence important decisions, which may impact the everyday lives of many of your fellow Australians. You’ll offer advice, support and guidance on policies and see the direct impact it has on the public.
The Australian Government Graduate Program Generalist Stream offers challenges in a flexible and fast-paced environment. We want you to be adaptable, positive, and willing to learn and innovate. You will be challenged in your way of thinking; make important contributions through the work you do and help deliver on our commitments as an organisation.
Generalist Stream graduates work in a variety of roles across many different business areas that closely relate to the degree they have studied. Some of the work Generalist graduates could do to contribute to their organisation may include:
- Undertaking a variety of tasks and activities within the business areas
- Contributing to the team and organisation’s strategic goals
- Undertaking analysis and research projects
- Coordinating requests for information across business areas
- Assisting with project/program management
- Preparing briefing materials, submissions, reports or correspondence
- Other generalist tasks as required and directly related to the agency/department.
Find your fit
Successful applicants will be matched with a suitable position in a participating Australian Government department or agency. In 2022, more than 60 agencies placed graduates from the Australian Government Graduate Program.
You’ll have the opportunity to nominate your preferred placement when you apply.
Who can apply
The AGGP Generalist Stream provides graduates with a unique foundation to expand on existing capabilities and will assist to further develop skills and knowledge across the Australian Government.
Graduates in the Generalist Stream have a range of degree disciplines. These include public policy, arts, sciences, humanities, law, international relations, media, communications, design, accounting, finance, etc.
Graduates of all degrees are welcome to apply.
To be eligible for the program, you must:
- Be an Australian citizen
- Have or will have completed a Bachelor degree or higher by 31 December 2023
- Have completed your qualification between 1 January 2019 to 31 December 2023
- Be able to obtain and maintain a valid Australian Government security clearance once accepted into the program
- Be willing to undergo any police, character, health or other checks required
How to apply
The selection process for this program typically includes:
- An online application, where you’ll upload your resume, academic transcript and proof of your Australian citizenship
- Online testing and/or video interview, which may involve problem solving, numerical reasoning, and behavioural or emotional testing
- Assessment centre, where you might participate in activities such as panel interviews, group presentations or written tasks
- Matching and offers, where successful applicants are matched with a suitable placement in an Australian Government department or agency
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Accounting, Actuarial Studies, Administration, Arts and...
- Work rights:Australian Citizen
- Work from home:Hybrid remote
Employees are allowed to work remotely some of the time but most of the work is done at the company’s physical office. Remote work is considered a perk or a privilege. For example, an employee may work from home for 1-2 days per week.
- Locations:Canberra, Regional New...
60k - 80k plus 15.4% super
- POSITION START DATE
Jan 2024 (approx)
- Closing Date:23rd Mar 2023, 4:17 am