The Generalist Stream Graduate Program offers challenges in a flexible and fast-paced environment. Graduates need to be adaptable, positive, and willing to learn and innovate. You will be challenged in ways of thinking, will make important contributions through the work you do and will help deliver on commitments of their department or agency.
The Generalist Stream Graduate Program provides a unique foundation for Graduates to expand on their existing capabilities and assists them to further develop their skills and knowledge across the Public Service. Graduates will gain valuable skills and experience during the Generalist Stream Graduate Program, working alongside dedicated people to design, develop and deliver policies, programs and services that benefit all Australians.
With just one application you will be considered for graduate roles in multiple Australian Government agencies and departments.
While each department’s or agency’s Graduate Program may be slightly different, typically, each program consists between two and three work rotations, formal targeted training, on-the-job learning and development opportunities, stakeholder engagement, support from dedicated supervisors and buddies or mentors and, in most cases, advancement to a higher classification and salary upon the successful completion of the Graduate Program.
Generalist Stream Graduates are accepted from a range of degree disciplines including public policy, arts, sciences, humanities, law, international relations, media, communications, design, accounting and finance. To be eligible for the Generalist Stream Graduate Program, Graduates will need to:
- be an Australian citizen by 30 June 2021
- have completed at least an Australian Qualifications Framework Level 7 qualification (a Bachelor degree), equivalent, or higher equivalent by 31 December 2021
- have completed their most recent degree no more than five years before the date their applications are submitted
- be able to obtain and maintain a valid Australian Government security clearance once accepted onto the program if required
- be willing to undergo any Police, character, health or other checks that may be required.
Successful applicants will be placed in a merit pool that will be considered by the participating Commonwealth entities. Please note that departments and agencies will offer different employment conditions and Graduate Program features.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne
APS 3 - APS 5
- POSITION START DATE
Jan 2022 (approx)
- Program Duration
12 - 18 Months
- Closing Date:18th Apr 2021, 1:30 pm