Want to be a part of Australia’s largest freight rail infrastructure project?
Inland Rail is a 1,700km fast freight backbone, connecting Melbourne and Brisbane that will transform how we move goods around Australia, better linking businesses, manufacturers and producers to national and global markets.
The Australian Government is delivering Inland Rail through the Australian Rail Track Corporation in partnership with the private sector. More information relating to the project can be found here: http://inlandrail.artc.com.au.
Inland Rail has adopted a collaborative approach to the delivery of the project, leading all parties involved to work toward the same goal. This fosters the displayed behaviours of Respect, Honesty, Integrity and Reliability.
About the position
We are excited to invite Civil Engineering graduates to join our team at Inland Rail. We celebrate and recognise that graduates are critical to our success and add huge value to how we work, think and operate.
We offer our graduates a structured 2-year program, which includes 3 rotations through our organisation. Through these rotations we will develop well rounded and highly skilled professionals. At the conclusion of the program, you will have the opportunity to build upon your career long term, and until the delivery of the Inland Rail Program in 2027. Further career opportunities exist beyond the delivery of Inland Rail as responsibility to operate and maintain the asset transitions to Inland Rail’s parent organisation, the Australian Rail Track Corporation.
You will work under the guidance and leadership of the Inland Rail Project Management Team to provide engineering support in order to successfully execute project milestones in line with Project Schedule, Budget, Safety and Risk targets.
Your development program will be diverse, and include delivery of activities such as:
- Gain experience in providing engineering support to the team in reviewing and managing project schedules to identify progress, lead times and project sequences with contractor, discipline lead and construction supervisors
- Working with a team of experts to ensure the project is delivered in line with the relevant quality management plan through field inspections, verification, and surveillance activities
- Work closely with the Inland Rail Project Management Team to ensure the Scope of Work is executed in accordance with the approved Project Schedule
- Support our Inland Rail WHS Team by developing and maintaining a safety culture, supporting site safety audits and ensuring contractor compliance and providing input to weekly on-site progress reviews with regard to safety
- Be actively involved in providing feedback and reporting on the performance of the delivery contractor against time, cost, quality and safety metrics through to the IR Project Management Team
We are seeking enthusiastic graduates who are invested in and committed to their personal and professional development. To be eligible for consideration, you should have a Bachelor of Engineering (Civil and/or structural) completed in the last two years, as well as:
- Mobility - this programme requires our graduates to spend a minimum of one rotation on site
- Highly developed written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrable ability to work in an organised, well ordered manner
- Highly developed problem resolution and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated commercial acumen
- Driver’s Licence – Class C
Why Inland Rail
- The program will generate thousands of jobs directly and through our contracting partners and billions of dollars in local investment, boosting regional economies and communities along the alignment
- Reduction in carbon footprint
- Inland Rail is proud to have over 40% female representation and we would like to see these numbers grow
- Agile working environment in our State-of-the Art Brisbane and satellite offices spread across 3 states. we embrace a flexible working environment across the business
Inland Rail an equal opportunity employer
At Inland Rail, we celebrate, support, and thrive on attracting people from all horizons and walks of life for the benefit of our employees, our program, and our community. ARTC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to submit their details to us. All employment is decided based on suitability to the role, cultural fit, merit, and business needs.
As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to consent to pre-employment checks.
Please note applications are reviewed and progressed from point of advertising. We are hiring for a nation building and rapidly expanding rail infrastructure project. 'Apply Now'.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering Civil Structural
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:8th Aug 2021, 1:59 pm