Why join ARRB:
Where else will you make a meaningful impact on the lives of 25 million Australians per day and do your bit towards making the country sustainable?
ARRB is a dynamic and vibrant organisation providing exciting opportunities for people to do great things, to tackle the big transport and infrastructure questions, and to see these solutions being practically applied.
If our values of Collaboration, Transformation, Integrity and Energy & Passion strike a chord with you, then join us and make you mark! This role offers passionate, proactive, talented and energetic professionals the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the sustainability of Australia’s future mobility system!
ARRB is committed to train the brightest minds with an insatiable curiosity about the transport infrastructure arena to become the next generation thinkers, thought-leaders and game-changers.
We are 61 years young! The Australian Road Research Board (ARRB) is the source of independent expert transport knowledge, with more than 60 years of experience focused on delivering a connected and adaptable future for Australia and New Zealand.
ARRB has a strong heritage supporting and delivering high quality applied research for Australian and New Zealand state road agencies (our Members) and for the community. Our teams are made up of world-leading roads, transport and infrastructure professionals who analyse and interpret global research and apply it to the Australian and New Zealand context.
About the role and you:
We are looking for applicants who can demonstrate a field of study relevant to future mobility and in particular innovative data management. Applicants with Engineering and Science degrees will be an advantage, but we’re happy to give attention to a strong case from any applicant.
- Recent graduate qualifications (within the last 2-3 years).
- Ability to confidently interact within a team made up of a diverse group of people located across Australia including stakeholders and government to facilitate data sharing.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written including technical documentation skills.
- An ability to explain complex matters to a non-technical audience.
- Motivated to work and learn with excellent time management skills.
- High attention to detail and ability to solve problems creatively and practically.
- Keen interest in research, creating new knowledge and practical solutions.
Use your letter of application to demonstrate your superior understanding and creative thinking and tell us your story about how you want to contribute to shaping our transport future.
Successful applicants will work on a wide range of research, advisory and data-related projects designed to deliver quality and best practice outcomes for our clients.
Ideal Skills/Experience we are seeking:
- Sourcing, locating and maintaining of ARRB’s transport data sets.
- Extract Transform Load (ETL) workflows into AWS cloud storage and databases.
- Preparation of data dashboard, interactive maps and visualisations with tools and technologies.
- Qualifications in data science, computer science or related.
- 2+ years’ experience using Python to perform complex data analysis.
- Experience using source code repositories (GitHub, GitLab) in a team setting, performing branching, merging, code reviews, etc.
- Previous experience with large and open datasets highly desirable.
- Take initiative, self-drive and capacity to operate autonomously and well within a team.
What we offer:
An exciting, dynamic and collaborative workplace with challenging roles, where your skills, knowledge and experience will be recognised and respected, including:
- Opportunities to contribute to high-profile and interesting projects which make a difference to the community.
- Opportunities to work collaboratively on local and national projects with a network of experts and colleagues around the country.
- A not-for-profit organisation that focuses on public good and which re-invests operating surpluses into our people, our equipment, and our facilities.
- Healthy work-life balance, with flexible arrangements for accruing time off, shifted work hours, access to paid parental leave.
- Strong support for career development and further study, including an explicit step-by-step guide for progressing in the organisation and a range of professional development options.
- A well-established social club, with regular socialising events, competitions, cook/bake-offs and tournaments.
- We embrace diversity - highlighting a multidisciplinary workforce from all over the world within all of our offices across Australia.
- Contemporary and modern work campuses.
To be considered:
- Only applicants that currently reside in Australia who are Australian Citizens / Permanent Resident of Australia will be considered.
- Press the "APPLY" button in this job advertisement to apply.
- Please ensure you attached your CV, Cover Letter (addressing selection criteria) and answer the screening questions provided.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:2nd Nov 2021, 12:59 pm