Location: Albury, NSW
- Do you have a passion for teaching and providing dynamic, individualised learning for students?
- Are you looking for a supportive team and the opportunity to advance in both your teaching and leadership skills in a regional setting?
- We are seeking dedicated, inspirational teachers to commence in 2023 and join our beautiful Riverina School in Albury
- With safe and friendly neighborhoods, close proximity to Melbourne and lots of green space and connection to nature,
- Albury is a very attractive country town!
- Join a school that prides itself on it's supportive community and a professional teaching team that gets to do something wonderful every day!
- Class size of six with a Teacher's Aide.
- $78,000-114,000 plus special education allowance $3,392 p.a.
- We are a friendly and supportive national organisation who cares for your wellbeing
- Cutting edge research based professional development offered in Autism, PBS, Literacy and Numeracy
Click here to view the Position Profile.
What you will do:
Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect) are leaders in education for children on the autism spectrum. Working at Aspect means you will be supported by a team of passionate professional educators. You will help create a learning environment that tailors to the individual needs of students through evidence informed best practice in autism. Class sizes are small and you always have the assistance of a dedicated teacher aide. You will learn about the ACA which is Aspect's comprehensive approach to the way we support people. You will work closely in a team that includes the student, family, teacher aide and other allied health professionals to develop and deliver quality learning programs. This wrap-around multi-disciplinary approach to support means that you will gain new skills and work experience that can help you reach your professional goals.
Who we are:
Aspect has grown to become Australia's largest national educational program for children on the autism spectrum, with 9 independent schools operating from 67 locations in NSW and South Australia catering to approximately 1,200 students, so there are plenty of opportunities to choose from. At Aspect, we foster a culture of belonging and investment in both staff and students. We would help your to build your career with us and see you reach your potential. Click here to find out more about our schools.
We're passionate about people, about being positive and about what’s possible!
About the School:
Aspect Riverina School is situated close to cafes in the city centre at a beautiful location with charming buildings and recently renovated facilities. The school proudly provides placement for approximately 100 students on the autism spectrum from ages 4 to 17 from Albury, as well as from 4 satellite classes within the Catholic and Department of Education schools in Albury and Wagga Wagga.
What we are looking for:
- NESA registration to teach in NSW
- Special Education qualifications (preferred, but not essential)
- Experience working with students on the autism spectrum or other intellectual disability (desirable)
- NSW Working with Children Check clearance for paid employment
- You may be required to provide an international police clearance
What we offer:
- Ongoing learning opportunities for advancement
- Full time base salary of $78k - $114k (depending on qualifications, accreditation and relevant teaching experience) + special education allowance $3,392 p.a. + superannuation
- Salary packaging to increase your take home pay
- Employee referral incentives
- EAP services
Click here for a summary of some of the benefits you can access when working at Aspect.
Please include your resume and complete the candidate questionnaire; cover letter is optional. There is no closing date for this role, all applications will be reviewed as they are received, and successful applicants will be contacted.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
COVID-19 Vaccination is a condition of employment for all staff in Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect). For some roles, covered by Public Health Orders, the requirement is for staff to have two doses and the additional COVID-19 Booster. As part of the recruitment/interview process Aspect is collecting information related to your vaccination status to ensure we are in compliance with all government orders and directives.
Enquiries should be directed to: Jane Carrington, Principal, on 02 6057 3777.
More information about Aspect: www.autismspectrum.org.au
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Arts and Humanities, Education, Science
- Work rights:Australian Bridging Visa, Australian Permanent...
- Locations:Albury, Regional New...
- Closing Date:10th Dec 2022, 12:59 pm