BRHS is East Gippsland's largest healthcare provider and employer of over 900 staff offering a rewarding work environment providing challenge, variety and a range of new opportunities.
Enthusiastic and talented new graduates are sought to participate in our full time graduate program commencing in January 2022. This is a great chance to consolidate your learning in a supported environment and enjoy a fantastic lifestyle exploring beautiful East Gippsland. Our new graduate program runs for 12 months, however opportunity for an ongoing position also exists and can be discussed at interview.
In this role you will have the opportunity to enjoy 2 rotations in either Outpatients; Inpatient rehabilitation and GEM; or the Inpatient acute wards. You will provide therapy for consumers that promotes, maintains and assists recovery and independence in all aspects of daily living, at home, work, and in the community, as well as supporting the multidisciplinary team to embed innovative models of care. Our Occupational Therapy team comprises a Team Leader, Grade One and Two Therapists and is supported by a team of Allied Health Assistants. We have a close-knit team who offer a supportive, social and fun environment, which will provide you with a great transition to BRHS.
What our graduate program offers you:
- A comprehensive induction program and a dedicated supervision and mentoring process to ensure strong clinical and professional growth
- Professional development to attend workshops and conferences providing further opportunities to connect with peers through organizational and regional training
- Opportunity to participate in the East Gippsland Allied Health Early Graduate Program to assist development and social networking
- A midway review to track progress, identify additional learning needs and plan for the final 6 months to ensure your time with us is a positive and valuable learning experience.
- An attractive remuneration package commencing at Grade 1 Year 3 level (due to our regional location)
- Initial accommodation support
- Health and Wellbeing program with gym membership at corporate rates
- Relaxed regional living near the Gippsland Lakes, 90 mile beach, high country & snowfields - paradise if you are an outdoor adventurer!
Key attributes needed:
- A tertiary degree in Occupational Therapy
- Sound knowledge and experience in one or more of the areas of acute inpatients and inpatient rehabilitation/GEM or community/outpatient rehabilitation.
- Well-developed, clear and concise communication skills, which promote client and service interests.
- A positive manner with the capacity to work collaboratively and cooperatively in a team environment.
- Ability to research and apply evidence based practice.
Please refer to the position description for other key selection criteria requirements.
Contact: Lorelle Moors, Occupational Therapist on 03 5150 3388.
Applications will be reviewed and considered on an ongoing basis.
Applications are to include a covering letter, resume and response to the full key selection criteria as listed in the position description and be submitted by selecting "Apply Now" below.
Please read our application guidelines here
In accordance with recent Victorian Public Health directions, all employees working in the Public Health system are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of COVID19 vaccination prior to commencement.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Health, Medical and Biomedical Science, Physio...
- Work rights:
New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent...
- Closing Date:23rd Nov 2021, 12:59 pm