Global Transaction Services (GTS) is a core business for Bank of America’s global franchise. The GTS business provides global working capital solutions including liquidity management, payments and receipts, trade and supply chain finance, foreign exchange and commercial card services to three million small businesses, thousands of middle market companies, and to multinational corporations, financial institutions and governments around the world.
Since 1947 Bank of America has been offering working capital solutions in Asia Pacific tailored to meet the growing needs of our clients with diverse geographic presence.
Summer Analysts in the Asia Pacific region participate in an 8 - 12 week program, depending on location, which is designed to give you a unique opportunity to gain exposure to life in Global Transaction Services (GTS). The program begins with firm wide orientation, and continues throughout the internship with training, networking events and social activities. You will be given responsibilities early and will be expected to make a significant contribution to the team. As internships mirror full-time positions, they also include goal-setting and a formal review process as well as plenty of opportunity to interact and work with senior managers.
Placement of Summer Analysts is determined during the hiring process where we match the business needs and the interests/skills of the Summer Analyst. The various teams in GTS include:
- Corporate Treasury Sales
- Financial Institutions (FI) Treasury Sales
- Treasury Product Solutions
- Asia Trade & Supply Chain Solutions
As a Summer Analyst within Global Transaction Services, you will work closely with GTS professionals on strategic business initiatives and projects.
Responsibilities (vary with placement)
- Manage projects, understand the requirements of the project and practice time management, project planning and execution skills to complete your project within the relevant timeframe
- Prepare presentation and other materials to support delivery of proposals to clients / prospective clients
- Conducting comprehensive and in-depth company and industry research
- Participate in meetings/calls with clients and follow up any action points where required
- Create various client or internal documents, materials, reports and data inventories as required
- Proactively network internally to learn more about the business as well as report back on business initiatives worked on
- Integrate as a team member and communicate with the team on project milestones
- Support the team to solve client needs and generate revenue for the bank
- Learn from, and work with, teams across the business, including senior managers within your team, experts in other areas of the firm and colleagues from around the globe
The groups span across country and industry, these include but not limited to (not all groups exist in all countries):
- Hong Kong
- Penultimate year undergraduate/master student
- Outstanding academic achievement
Required Skills and Abilities
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Comfortable with change and adjust to changing demands and requirements
- A strong team player and client focused
- Demonstrates energy and initiative
- Positive approach and open to learning new skills
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates a keen interest in the business
- Fluency in English is essential, appropriate Asian language skills are also essential for some roles and countries
- Job type:Internships
Business and Commerce, Information Systems, Information...
- Closing Date:11th Oct 2020, 3:59 pm