Global Markets Summer Analyst Program
Are you bullish or bearish about a career with our Global Markets team?
What we’re looking for (Key Requirements):
- Penultimate Year Bachelor’s / Master’s student
- Outstanding academic achievement
- Mathematics, engineering, statistics, or programming background advantageous
- Strong interest in global financial markets and factors that impact them
- Extensive Excel and modeling skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Comfortable with change and adjust to changing demands and requirements
- A strong team player and client focused
- Demonstrates energy and drive
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate a keen interest in the business you are applying to
- Fluency in English is essential, appropriate Asian language skills are also essential for some roles and countries
- For some roles in Global Markets, coding skills are desired but not mandatory. Please try your best to answer the two coding challenges in the video interview but if you are unable to do so, you may skip to the end. Be sure to complete your video interview submission if you are skipping the coding challenges.
Global Markets delivers a wide range of securities products and services, powerful sales and trading capabilities and deep risk management expertise across asset classes. Closely aligned with Global Corporate & Investment Banking's client-managed groups, Global Markets product specialists anticipate and meet the needs of more than 3,000 institutional investors and 7,000 issuer clients.
Leveraging our local relationships and broad global capabilities, we provide our clients with creative and innovative ideas and market insights, trading services, analytics and new products across a broad spectrum of asset classes. These range from interest rate and credit products, foreign exchange, real estate and commodities to cash equities and equity-linked products - all with the goal of enabling our clients to maximize their performance.
Summer Analysts in the Asia Pacific region participate in an 8 - 12 week program, depending on location, which is designed to give you a unique opportunity to gain exposure to life in Global Markets. The program begins with firm wide orientation, and continues throughout the internship with training, networking events and social activities. You will be given responsibilities early and will be expected to make a significant contribution to the team. As internships mirror full-time positions, they also include goal-setting and a formal review process as well as plenty of opportunity to interact and work with senior managers and traders.
What you’ll do (Key Responsibilities):
- Assist on sales, trading, and hedging activities
- Assess market trends and provide quantitative data for clients
- Perform market and quantitative research analysis
- Help originate, structure, and model transactions
- Assist in structuring, pricing, and executing trades
- Assist in building knowledge of clients' investment needs, assess market trends and macroeconomic themes, and help create appropriate solutions to meet clients' needs
- Assist in providing quantitative data and succinct, comprehensive explanations of complex concepts to clients
- Work with teams to develop marketing presentations that create interest in fixed income and Equity products and develop new business
- Assist in developing new products and bringing them to market
- Assist in educating clients about complex structures and technical products
Depending on location, Summer Analysts are either hired and placed directly with a specific team throughout the internship program or rotate through two-three desks. Placement is determined after the hiring process matching the business needs and the interests/skills of the Summer Analyst. The various teams include (not all groups exist in all countries):
- Global Equities
- Cash Equities & Derivatives
- Execution Services
- Global Markets Financing and Services
- Fixed Income, Currencies & Commodities
- Global Credit Products
- Global Commodities
- Global Rates & Currencies
- Global Loans & Special Situations
- FICC Sales & Structuring
About Bank of America:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 35 countries. In the U.S. alone, we serve almost all of the Fortune 500 companies and approximately 67 million consumer and small-business clients. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 19 cities in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region’s leading financial services companies.
How to Apply
- Start your application at https://campus.bankofamerica.com/
- Search for the program, business division and location you wish to apply for and select the program title
- Select 'Apply Now' and sign in as a new or returning user
- Complete all sections of the application form, followed by the online assessment
- Upload cover letter and/or resume to support your application
- Submit form - please note that in order for your application to be considered, you must have completed the form, the online assessment and uploaded your resume before the deadline
Application Deadline: December 12 2021
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Actuary, Administration, Agriculture, Architecture, Arts...
Seoul (South Korea)
- Closing Date:12th Dec 2021, 12:59 pm