Boston Consulting Group (BCG) | Graduate Associate – Consulting (Arts)
Interested in Consulting?
Applications to join BCG as a Graduate Associate are now open! We look for self-motivated, curious students or recent graduates who are excited by problem-solving and want to have a positive impact on their communities, whether local, national, or global. We recruit from a diverse range of degrees including music, arts, philosophy, science, mathematics, medicine, law, politics, commerce, engineering and more! No matter what you studied at university, our diverse project teams at BCG work across a range of industries and your theoretical learnings from your Arts degree will be utilised at BCG.
As a graduate at BCG, you will be tackling the toughest challenges, benefiting from accelerated learning that serves you for a lifetime, and working with a caring, diverse, and inclusive community of exceptional people.
Thoughts from Jade, an Arts graduate
I chose BCG for the quality and depth of its public sector practice area. It has given me the opportunity to work on the hardest whole-of-society problems, work with smart and genuinely kind people, achieve unique impact, and build critical policy skills early in my career. I’ve found my studies in economics and anthropology have equipped me to solve complex problems, work with complex stakeholders, and maximise outcomes for the community. Economics has given me mathematical rigour and an understanding of markets and incentives, and anthropology has given me a strongly relational lens that values people and societies as they are.
At BCG, your talents are just the beginning of a truly transformative experience. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to grow both personally and professionally while working alongside some of the most inspiring, talented and supportive people in the consulting industry. Our dynamic and high-performance environment provides the perfect space for you to develop your skills and make a real impact on the world's leading businesses. You will have the chance to work on the most complex strategic and operational questions and help shape the future of many companies. By joining BCG, you will be able to make a difference, at both BCG and beyond.
Each application should include your resume, cover letter, and academic transcripts. We want to get to know you, so please make sure you have information in your cover letter and CV about things you're passionate about and why BCG is a great career fit for you. As a guide, we'd like to see details about:
- Your current and prior work experience. We seek motivated applicants who can showcase career trajectory and a high level of impact in the roles you have held. Your extra-curricular activities, whether on campus or outside of university life. This could be your involvement in a student society, volunteering, sports, or hobbies. We are looking for people who demonstrate passion, impact, and high levels of commitment, initiative, and responsibility.
- Any achievements that make you proud. We understand that achievements are contextual to your environment, but we’d love to hear what yours are! This could be anything from scholarships or prizes that you’ve attained to overcoming significant struggles or being the first in your family to attend university.
Please click on the “Apply” button below to be redirected to our careers page and our job listing - “Consulting - Full-time." This is a global application so you can select up to three office preferences across our global BCG network. We encourage you to place one of our offices (Auckland, Canberra, Melbourne, Perth, or Sydney) as your first preference to be considered for our Graduate Associate Program. Once you apply, you may receive additional emails to submit or complete additional information.
We want to make sure everyone experiences a positive, barrier-free recruiting process. Please reach out the Samara Dunn at [email protected] at any stage if you require additional support or adjustments to assist you with your experience, including support in submitting your application, providing identity documents, and/or attending a job interview. This includes any specific support for transgender and gender-diverse individuals.
Want to learn more about BCG?
At BCG, we host a range of events for you to learn more about BCG. Head on over to our jobs and opportunities page to review our events.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Arts and Humanities, Communications, Media and...
- Work rights:Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Locations:Auckland (New Zealand),...
- Closing Date:24th Feb 2023, 5:00 am
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.