Are you a penultimate / pre-penultimate year student with a passion to combine commercial nous with a human element? Business Restructuring work with a diverse range of clients to resolve complex business issues and financial distress. If you’re interested in helping businesses turnaround and succeed this could be the area for you!
BDO is a trusted adviser to clients looking for audit, tax, advisory and consulting services.
Our values are at the core of who we are and how we work with each other and with our clients. These values are the foundation of what we deliver, IDEAS | PEOPLE | TRUST. This is about delivering ideas and advice that create value; quality-driven people who are motivated by providing exceptional client service; and being trusted to get the job done.
We are proud to be named an Inclusive Employer for 2019-2020 by Diversity Council Australia (DCA) and to be ranked in the 2020 Top Graduate Employer lists by AAGE and GradAustralia. Our graduates are extremely important to us, as we recognise their potential to become our firm's future leaders.
About the Team
Our Business Restructuring team provides solutions to clients who predominantly have issues with cash flow or viability or are facing major challenges in the business, such as the need to fund growth or to manage change in the business. We also work with financiers to assist their borrowers’ expansion via new finance or to sell assets and restructure debt.
As a BDO Undergraduate
Creating a strong platform from which to launch your career starts on your first day. As an Undergraduate you’ll gain ongoing real-life work experience providing valuable and practical opportunities to broaden your knowledge and set up your career upon graduating.
BDO will continuously support you in your training and development; this includes various courses and training programs - ranging from specialist/technical knowledge to client-winning skills. Additionally, you’ll have the opportunity to commence with our firm at a time that suits you and we can work around you regarding support needed to complete your degree. Our Partners and team will guide you through every stage of your career whilst supporting you to expand your network both locally and globally during your time with BDO.
What are your learning opportunities?
Day to day you’ll be exposed to real work our team do. This includes but is not limited to:
- Advising Boards and Government Departments
- Undertaking Business Reviews and Pre-Lend Review Engagements for financiers
- Dispute resolution – partnership disputes and settlement negotiations
- Instigating and running complex litigation
- Taking control and selling Going Concern businesses
- Completing Strategic and Performance Enhancement engagements
- Advising on turnaround and restructure plans and overseeing implementation
- Formal corporate insolvency engagements such as Receiverships, Liquidations and Voluntary Administrations
You’ll currently be studying a degree in accounting, business, commerce, or a related discipline. As you’ll be engaged in doing meaningful work from day one, you’ll bring:
- Well-rounded communication and interpersonal skills;
- A passion for financial analysis;
- An ability to problem solve;
- Customer focused work experience;
- An understanding of how to work in a team environment;
- Proven academic achievement combined with an enthusiasm for continuous learning and development.
How do I apply and what’s next?
To register your interest in our Undergraduate program in Business Restructuring please follow the prompts to apply. Applications will close Sunday, 4 July 2021.
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to partake in exercises including a video interview, psychometric assessment, and business interview.
IDEAS | PEOPLE | TRUST
- Job type:Internships
Arts and Humanities, Business and Commerce,...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, Australian Citizen
- Closing Date:4th Jul 2021, 1:59 pm