Student Career @ BDO
Working for a global professional services firm like BDO means you will have the opportunity to work with clients across diverse industry sectors. You will also be supported and mentored by our experienced Managers and Partners, whilst having access to technical and leadership development programs to support you in your career journey. With access to a global and domestic network of offices, a career with BDO is possible wherever life takes you!
A Career in Business Services
We are excited to offer Undergraduate opportunities to join BDO’s Business Services Division commencing in late 2022 to early 2023. In this role you will have the opportunity to undertake meaningful client work, building your experience across a broad range of accounting practices including but not limited to financial and management reporting, taxation (FBT/IAS/BAS), outsourced services and compliance activities.
You will be assigned a "buddy" to ensure you receive personalised support from day dot, plus ongoing training and mentoring to build your skills and experience within Business Services.
Working for BDO, you will be part of an organisation where exceptional service delivery, collaboration, empathy and integrity are part of our culture and values (ONE, BOLD, HUMAN, HEART and STRIVE).
We are interested to hear from students who:
- Are undertaking university level study in Business or Commerce, majoring in Accounting (second year and above)
- Demonstrate solid academic achievement
- Are eligible for CA/CPA postgraduate study
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Display a motivated approach to continuous learning and career development
At BDO we want to ensure you are supported to reach your full potential. As an undergraduate with BDO you will receive:
- A permanent part-time role within your appointed service line/team
- Flexible work options to help you balance work and life (all employees also have access to an annual WFH allowance to set you up for success from home)
- Regular social activities enabling you to meet and connect with people
- Access to BDO’s wellbeing program which includes a range of activities including daily breakfast, wellbeing classes/activities, annual flu shots, discounted gym memberships and healthcare rates, access to our Employee Assistance Program and so much more!
- Paid study leave (for permanent part-time staff)
- Access to workplace giving and social responsibility initiatives, including paid volunteering leave
- Support to further your professional development via on-the-job training and formal learning programs!
What can you expect?
At BDO we pride ourselves on our ability to be flexible and agile! Our recruitment process will ensure you experience an efficient and personalised experience.
- To apply, submit your application below with a copy of your CV and academic transcript
- Our team will contact you to invite you to the next stage of the process
- You will attend a face-to-face assessment centre or interview with a Director/or Manager
- Offer – We are excited to welcome you to BDO and start your career journey!
At BDO we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture. Should you require any adjustments to apply or commence your role with BDO please speak to our student team throughout the recruitment process.
- Job type:Cadetships
Accounting, Business and Commerce, Compliance
- Work rights:
Australian Working Visa, Australian Permanent...
- Work from home:
Employees are allowed to work remotely some of the time but most of the work is done at the company’s physical office. Remote work is considered a perk or a privilege. For example, an employee may work from home for 1-2 days per week.
Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide
$47,000 - $56,000 package
- POSITION START DATE
Oct 2022 (approx)
- Program Duration
- Closing Date:14th Aug 2022, 1:59 pm