BDO is a trusted adviser to clients looking for audit, tax and advisory services. As one of the world’s leading audit and accounting organisations, we have clients of all types and sizes across an array of industry sectors.
Our values are at the core of who we are and how we work with each other and with our clients. These values are the foundation of what we deliver, IDEAS | PEOPLE | TRUST. This is about delivering ideas and advice that create value; quality-driven people who are motivated by providing exceptional client service; and being trusted to get the job done.
We are proud to be named an Inclusive Employer for 2019-2020 by Diversity Council Australia (DCA) and to be ranked in the 2021 Top Graduate Employer lists by AAGE, GradAustralia and GradConnection. Our graduates are extremely important to us, as we recognise their potential to become our firm’s future leaders.
In this client facing role, you’ll be responsible for planning, developing and delivering major contract performance audit and assurance engagements. Engagements will include assignments such as financial establishment audits, independent financial audits, review of compliance to contracted commercial terms and arrangements, reviewing operational and maintenance performance against contracted KPIs, funding acquittal audits in relation to Government grants etc.
You’ll also provide assurance services to our key clients through independent review of project estimates and contractual arrangements prior to contract execution. You’ll utilise your knowledge, skills and experience to support other team members and foster strong client relationships.
What you’ll need to succeed
- To be considered for a position with us, you will have recently completed a degree in Accounting, Commerce, Law or Management
- Have strong analytical, critical thinking and organisational skills;
- Collaborative personality who thrives in a team, as well as demonstrating the ability to work independently;
- Consistently strong written and verbal communication skills including thorough legal research skills;
- Enthusiasm and receptiveness to ongoing feedback and mentoring;
- Collaborative personality who thrives in a team, as well as independently
- Have motivation for continuous learning and development
- Are an Australian or New Zealand Citizen or Permanent Resident at time of application.
To hear firsthand from our BDO Graduates please visit our Student Recruitment page here.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understands business and information technology management processes
- Identifies business or technology business or technology risks, internal controls which mitigate risks and related opportunities for internal control improvement
- Executes Risk Advisory services with minimal guidance and support from Firm management
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge and use of appropriate tools and methodologies in the delivery of Risk Advisory services
- Actively and effectively participates in delivering other assurance services in accordance with the Firm’s Methodology utilising an understanding of basic assurance and governance practices
To find out more information about our Graduate opportunities and what it’s like to work at BDO please visit:
Should you have any further enquiries about starting your career with BDO please email us at [email protected].
IDEAS | PEOPLE | TRUST
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Banking and Finance, Business and...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, Australian Citizen
- Closing Date:11th Jun 2021, 1:59 pm