BDO is a trusted adviser to clients looking for audit, tax and advisory services. As one of the world's leading audit and accounting organisations, we have clients of all types and sizes across an array of industry sectors.
Our values are at the core of who we are and how we work with each other and with our clients. These values are the foundation of what we deliver, IDEAS | PEOPLE | TRUST. This is about delivering ideas and advice that create value; quality-driven people who are motivated by providing exceptional client service; and being trusted to get the job done.
We are proud to be named an Inclusive Employer for 2019-2020 by Diversity Council Australia (DCA) and to be ranked in the 2021 Top Graduate Employer lists by AAGE, GradAustralia and GradConnection. Our graduates are extremely important to us, as we recognise their potential to become our firm's future leaders.
Who is BDO EconSearch?
EconSearch was established in 1995 to provide economic research and consulting services. The firm provides independent economic analysis and policy advice to firms, industry associations, research & development corporations, regional development boards, government agencies and other organisations. In July 2017, EconSearch became a division of BDO Advisory. This integration has broadened our service offering to the national market, enhanced our local economic expertise, and enabled us to offer a greater range of services to our clients.
The graduate will work in our BDO EconSearch team and will have a knowledge and understanding of economics issues, particularly in the fields of regional and resource economics. The position will primarily involve supporting the technical modelling economists in our team using coding languages such as R as well as spreadsheet modelling with Excel, collecting and analysing data, developing solutions to economic problems and report drafting. Our collaborative, open-door culture allows you the opportunity, early on in your career, to build relationships with clients and expand your network nationally and globally.
Life at BDO
We offer the professional opportunities, personal fulfilment, and long-term growth that only a growing global firm like BDO can provide. At BDO, we value the difference and unique perspective of every individual. As a firm, we are committed to a diverse, flexible and inclusive culture, where everyone can be themselves at work in an environment that brings out the best in them and their colleagues.
Whilst we are looking for people who are dedicated and driven, we like to have some balance. We offer a number of additional benefits including:
- Internal corporate wellness program and access to our employee assistance program
- Flu shots and massages
- Sporting competitions and events
- Our BDO social club organise regular events, such as team bonding days, and trivia nights
- Casual Fridays, Friday night drinks, monthly morning teas, and of course the annual EOFY and Christmas parties
- Corporate memberships and discounts for travel, gym membership and health insurance.
What you'll need to succeed
- Have completed, or be in your final year of your economics degree or a relevant degree with a major in economics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a high level of attention to detail. Being able to communicate a technical issue effectively to a non-technical audience is essential
- Demonstrated coding ability, and a willingness to work with the R language
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, being comfortable liaising with clients and other stakeholders (both internal and external)
- Passion for solving difficult problems
- Willingness to travel to regional areas for data collection (in consideration with the current SA Health guidelines and movement restrictions)
- Experience with spreadsheet-based modelling in Excel
- Effective time management skills, highly dependable and thrives as part of a team.
What happens after you apply?
- You will receive an email confirming receipt of your application
- Each application is reviewed individually
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to complete an online video interview, and successful candidates will be invited to attend a face-to-face interview with our business leaders
- All applicants will be updated throughout the process as to the progress of their application
To find out more information about our Graduate opportunities and what it's like to work at BDO please visit:
Should you have any further enquiries about starting your career with BDO please email us at [email protected]
IDEAS | PEOPLE | TRUST
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Business and Commerce, Economics
- Work rights:
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Closing Date:9th Jun 2021, 1:59 pm