CareerDC coordinates internship programs by connecting students with host organisations all over Australia.
The internships, which are practical work-placement programs designed to provide the intern with Design and User Experience (UX) industrial placements with the aim of providing industry specific opportunities is to enable the intern to develop skills that will enhance their prospects of gaining meaningful employment, building the student’s career and starting their future.
User Experience (UX) understanding human emotions and attitudes towards products, services and computerised systems in order to provide valuable aspects of a human-computer interaction and product ownership.
An internship program can provide training that is practical, experiential, affective, meaningful and valuable for students to make decisions and own their own design process through their host organisation’s resources.
For undergraduate and postgraduate students enrolled in:
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Interactive and Visual Design
- Bachelor of Communication Design
- Bachelor of Design in Digital Media Design
- Bachelor of Multimedia Design
- Bachelor of Design Computing
- Bachelor of Interactive Media
- Master of Design in Experience Design
- Master of Interaction Design and Electronic Arts
The exposure and work experience from internship programs can help students integrate their university learning and elevate their portfolio - just as they will in the real world – a desirable candidate for host organisations. Students could receive supervision in facilitating organisation projects and gather valuable information in:
- Understanding new technological developments and the global digital economy.
- Creating people-centric solutions at every digital touchpoint and creating a holistic experience for clients.
- Designing interactive digital products, environments, systems and services to meet the needs of its users.
- Research on people’s practices, situations and values to provide the best possible unique experience that meets expectations.
An internship placement can exposure students to a well-developed understanding of tools to gather user insights and translating these requirements into design solutions. The valuable experience will paint a bigger picture for students to create the final products that emphasises the user experience. During the internship, students can integrate their university learning experience in areas such as:
- Learn about the skills needed for UX research and design
- Understand how UX researchers discover and assess user needs
- Learn how to conduct a micro-usability test
- Understand how UX designers take an idea from a concept to a working prototype
- Understand how to incorporate a user-centered focus into the design process
The experience can provide you with a wider view of how the UX plays in improving people's lives; it would be rewarding to your personal development and a valuable recognition as a digital designer. Potential career pathways in architecture can include:
- Interaction designer
- User experience (UX) designer
- Design lead
- Information architect
- Creative technologist
- Service designer
- Digital journey designer
- Experience designer
- Content strategist
- Web designer
- Web developer
- Mobile application designer and etc!
- Job type:Internships
Design and User Experience
- Work rights:
Australian Citizen, Australian Student Visa,...
Canberra, Sydney, Brisbane,...
- Closing Date:28th May 2021, 12:59 pm