CareerDC coordinates internship programs by connecting students with host organisations all over Australia.
The internships, which are practical work-placement programs designed to provide the intern with industrial exposure in food science and technology, with the aim of providing industry specific opportunities is to enable the intern to develop skills that will enhance their prospects of gaining meaningful employment, building the student’s career and starting their future.
Food technology industry concerns all aspects of food science, dealing with the production processes from farms to the supermarkets, how food is made, through to consumers and businesses. Food technologist play an important role in our daily lives; They commit their efforts into the works of food research and development to ensure the safety and quality of all food products before presented to the public.
An internship work placement through host organisations can help students integrate their university learning and further apply their knowledge in all stages of food productions, from raw material harvesting till it reaches consumers. The work experience can provide students with practical training and serves as an window of opportunity to look into their future careers in food science and technology.
Students will be guide by industry experts and receive the exposure that they will appreciate later on. A work placement experience can help students to discover the right field for them within the industry. Depending on the area of business the host organisation engages with, students can take up various roles and responsibilities such as,
- Practical understanding in physical, microbiological and chemical makeup of food
- Develop ways to process, preserve, package or store food
- Production in accordance to industry and government specifications and regulations
- Food production, processing and distribution
- Improve manufacturing methods through preservation, storage and new product development.
- Observe food scientists in enhancing the nutritional value of foods
- Examine the optimisation of food quality, quantity and processing, food safety and nutritional value
Through the internship placement, the experience can provide students the necessary preparations into future employment in disciplines in
- technical and scientific food manufacturing industries
- food chemistry
- food microbiology
- food technology and sensory science
Having a career as a food technologist could translate to a significant contribution to the ever growing economy and all aspects of modern life. The food industry could be said one of Australia’s largest manufacturing industry, with a continuous demand for qualified candidates. This allows career paths in
- process and product development
- production management
- quality assurance
- research and development
- technical sales etc.
- Job type:Internships
Australian Working Visa, Australian Student...
Canberra, Sydney, Brisbane,...
- Closing Date:29th Oct 2020, 12:59 pm