Be passionate. Be progressive. Hawkesbury City Council.
- Salary Negotiable $79,741 - $95,673 Plus Super
- 9 Day Fortnight + On-Site Parking
- Corporate Discount Gym Membership
Become part of this great opportunity to join an organisation that is committed to building high performing teams, who work together to deliver outcomes for the community through innovation and best practice. We have passion and enthusiasm and we are looking for like-minded people to join us on our journey.
Reporting to the Building Coordinator, this role will assist in managing Council’s certification functions as well as development assessment. While maintaining daily operations, the role will assist with and support the Building Coordinator and other Senior members of the team through process improvement and legislative changes.
You will be motivated to perform with the ability to manage your own workload, with a demonstrated ability to achieve critical deadlines. You will have experience in the field of certification, have clear communication skills, computer literacy, and be willing to learn new skills as they relate to rural development in rural areas, disaster resilience and environmentally sensitive areas.
- Tertiary qualification in Building Surveying, Environmental Health or relevant field and/or equivalent relevant experience
- Registered Building Surveyor with Fair Trading and holds a Class C Drivers Licence
- Good oral and written communication skills including report writing
- Knowledge of the Environmental Planning & Assessment Act 1979, Local Government Act 1993 and the Swimming Pools Act and other associated legislation and regulations
- Experience in development assessment, pool safety and/or fire safety desirable
Working with Hawkesbury City Council will benefit you by offering a great working environment with RDO’s, flexible work arrangements, training and development opportunities, reward and recognition program, social club, study assistance, flu vaccinations, and other great initiatives.
An attractive salary will be negotiated with the successful applicant commensurate with qualification, skills and experience.
For further position details, including the selection criteria and how to apply, visit our website www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au or if you do not have access to our website call Council’s People Development Lead on 02 4560 4444.
Applications close Sunday, 12 February 2023.
Applicants who do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for this position.
Please note that the canvassing of Councillors in relation to these matters will automatically disqualify the applicant from this process.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Engineering, Engineering Aerospace Aeronautical, Engineering Chemical...
- Locations:New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:12th Feb 2023, 12:00 am
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.