What's on offer!
- An attractive salary of $83,663 - $100,400 p.a. plus Super
- Work/life balance
- 9 day fortnight - rostered day off
- Leaseback vehicle option provided
- Relocation assistance
- Generous training and professional opportunities
About the position
To act as Council’s building certifier performing all regulatory functions relating to the role forming an essential part of the planning and development team within the growth and liveability directorate. The position will undertake development assessment functions, which include proactively supporting Council in providing accurate and update to date information relating to development matters, conducting inspections and responding to internal and external customers.
- Minimum A3 certification with the NSW Building Professionals Board Accreditation Level, with a preference for A2 certification
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in similar role
- Possess an enthusiastic self-motivated attitude with a helpful disposition with effective communication, customer service and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to WHS and EEO issues
- Current driver licence
- Experience in regulatory compliance / audits
- Local Government Experience with an understanding of Council’s regulatory role
- WH&S Construction Induction qualification
Closing date: 9:00am, 26 September 2022
Enquiries: Acting Planning and Development Manager, Mrs Kristy Cosier, or the HR Department on 02 6817 8800
How to apply:
Before you apply for this position, please read the Position Description carefully to assess your eligibility and suitability for the position. You will be required to answer questions that relate to the criteria on the online application below. You will also be required to attach your current resume which should include two recent employment related referees. Please note that you cannot submit your application without attaching your resume. Council will only accept applications submitted online. Please include in your resume, evidence of qualifications that you possess.
All correspondence will be via the email you have provided in your application.
Should you be shortlisted for interview, and are then selected to progress to the next stage following interview, you may be required to undergo the following pre-employment screening process as part of the selection process:
- A functional assessment (at Council's expense) including hearing and drug and alcohol testing
- Reference checks from your 2 work related referees
- Any other additional screening that may be relevant to the role
- Council will check the authenticity of certificates and qualification
Gilgandra is a vibrant rural community in Central West NSW, situated at the junction of three main highways and in close proximity to Dubbo. There is a strong supportive community that has worked together to develop excellent schools, medical services, retail services and recreational activities that you simply do not see in communities of a similar size.
Gilgandra presents you with an opportunity to have an excellent lifestyle you may not be able to afford in the city.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Architecture, Design and User Experience, Industrial...
- Locations:New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:26th Sep 2022, 12:00 am