We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of close to 55,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $220 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.
WE ARE DRC
Our focus is on delivering high quality services, strengthening our community engagement and strategic management capabilities, building an organisation based on performance and continuous improvement whilst creating a values based organisational culture and developing a professional and engaged team that delivers on our shared values; Progressive, Sustainable, One Team and Integrity.
ABOUT OUR REGION
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population almost 55,000 and 5,143 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people in the Orana Region, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra, Ballina and Newcastle. Dubbo Regional Council is part of Wiradjuri Country and we acknowledge all clan groups that reside within the Dubbo and Wellington Wiradjuri Nation.
An exciting temporary opportunity for the right person to join our Infrastructure Strategy and Design branch and contribute to the design and development of Council’s civil infrastructure.
We work on extremely unique and exciting projects every day as we own and operate our infrastructure. As a Design Engineer, you could be designing infrastructure for Dubbo Regional and Wellington Airports, Dubbo Regional Livestock Markets, residential and industrial subdivisions, and significant urban and rural road upgrades.
The Design Engineer position is focused on the preparation of high quality engineering concept plans, detailed design plans, computer modelling and documentation for civil engineering infrastructure.
This role will provide the successful applicant with the opportunities to investigate, prepare, develop and manage engineering designs using civil design programs including 12d, Microstation and XPSTORM for projects such as rural and urban roads, water and sewer reticulation and stormwater drainage systems.
This is a temporary position for seven months.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Take ownership of the preparation and delivery of civil engineering plans and/or computer models for the organisation to meet budget, strategic and operational requirements.
- Provide technical advice to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Undertake concept designs for long term infrastructure planning.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED
- Degree in Civil Engineering as accredited by Engineers Australia.
- Proficiency in the use of Design, Drafting and Microsoft Office software. (Council is currently using 12d, Microstation, Autoturn and XPSTORM).
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills and ability to work within a team environment.
- Well-developed report writing and communication skills.
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills.
You will be an Engineering Professional who has a keen eye for detail, and developed skills in survey and design. Experience in Local Government will be viewed favourably. Recent engineering graduates are also encouraged to apply. A Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering (or Environmental Engineering) and a demonstrated ability to use survey equipment including GNSS rovers, digital levels, Total Stations and Ground Penetrating Radar will be considered favourably, as well as extensive design experience in Local Government civil works.
WHAT WE OFFER
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation, you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, and wellbeing program.
DRC also offers a variety of flexible working arrangements, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
DRC has a variety of Salary Packaging options available to staff including:
- Rainbow Cottage Childcare
- Professional Memberships
- Work Related Self Education Expenses
- Portable Notebook or Laptop computer
- Airline Lounge Memberships
- Disability/Income Protection Insurance
- Tools of Trade
Furthermore, DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
DRC is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of the position requirements including the position criteria.
This position requires a pre employment health assessment. Please refer to the attached Job Demands document for the physical requirements of the position.
Salary: $86,656-$100,708 plus superannuation and Engineers Allowance
Closing Date: 9.00am Monday 23 January 2023
Enquiries: For a confidential discussion regarding this position please contact Council's Manager Infrastructure Strategy and Design - 6801 4914
HOW TO APPLY
- Please fill out the questions in the application page below.
- You can save your application and return to it later by clicking on the 'save for later' button. An e-mail will be sent to you with a link to retrieve your saved application.
- On the following page you'll have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Engineering, Engineering Aerospace Aeronautical, Engineering Chemical...
- Locations:New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:22nd Jan 2023, 12:00 am