- Undertake a diverse range of Environmental Health inspections to ensure regulatory compliance
- Enjoy a rostered day off every 3 weeks
- Commencing salary $88,050 – $98,288 + superannuation + leaseback vehicle
The City of Ryde was recognised as an Employer of Choice in the Australian Business Awards and is a progressive local council possessing natural landscapes, beautiful parks and scenic waterways, all centrally located only 12 kilometres from Sydney.
You will be working in a high performing team recently awarded the Environmental Health Australia (NSW) team of the year 2021. We pride ourselves on offering a comprehensive training plan to ensure you are set up for success. If you are looking for a supportive team culture, mentorship and ongoing professional development, this is the role for you.
About the Role
In this dynamic role, you will be working in a high performing team that was awarded the Environmental Health Australia (NSW) team of the year in 2021. You will be a highly motivated and driven individual that can undertake a diverse range of inspections and deliver education to ensure regulatory compliance within the Ryde LGA.
The primary duties of the role include:
- Investigating localised public health and pollution incidents
- Completing routine compliance assessments of regulated premises including retail food premises, cooling towers, skin penetration premises and public swimming pools
- Providing sound technical advice to internal and external stakeholders including the review of acoustic and contamination reports relating to proposed development applications
- Developing and implementing environmental health related projects
- Undertaking proactive surveillance and assessment of sediment and erosion control measures on construction sites to ensure compliance with environmental legislation.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with suitable experience, seeking to further develop their career as an Environmental Health professional.
- A relevant tertiary qualification in an environmental health field
- Sound working knowledge of relevant legislation
- Experience carrying out routine compliance assessments of food premises, cooling towers, skin penetration premises and, public swimming pools
- Experience investigating public health risks, pollution incidents and similar environmental issues
- Ability to assess environmental health risks and take appropriate action, including the use of enforcement options to rectify issues
- Demonstrated experience assessing and commenting on the environmental health requirements of new development applications
- Well-developed communication, problem solving and negotiation skills
- Current driver’s licence
Annual commencing salary offered for the successful applicant ranges from $88,050 – $98,288 + superannuation dependent on your experience and qualifications. This position also comes with a leaseback vehicle for work and private use.
Culture & Benefits
- Leaseback vehicle included with the role
- Hybrid work from home and office arrangements available after initial training period
- Flexibility regarding start and finish times to suit your lifestyle
- Rostered Day Off every 3rd week
- 18 weeks paid parental leave
- Long service leave after 5 years
- Annual performance reviews and Award increases
- Opportunity to sign up as a fitness passport member
- Various health & well-being initiatives (i.e. flu vaccinations, skin checks, etc.)
How to apply
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process. In addition to answering the on-line application questions shown below, you will need to attach your Resume to complete the application process. Please note, you are not required to submit a separate cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria.
If you would like to know more, please see the Position Description or contact Vincent Shepherd on 0438 471 830 for a confidential discussion.
Closing Date: Sunday 4 December 2022 at 11:30pm
Please note: In line with Council’s COVIDSafe Workplace Policy & Procedure all staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
City of Ryde is committed to Equal Employment and Child Safety
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Engineering Environmental, Environment, Food Technology, Medical...
- Locations:New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:5th Dec 2022, 12:00 am