Previous applicants need not apply.
Division: Planning and Environment
Team: Environmental Services
Employment Status: Permanent
Employment Arrangement: Full-Time, 35 hours per week with access to Council’s flexible working arrangements
Salary Range: $83,949 to $96,598 per annum, dependent upon qualifications and experience + 10.5% Super + access to Council’s leaseback agreement
About Strathfield Council:
Strathfield Council is centrally located in Sydney’s inner-west, half way between the Parramatta and Sydney CBD with accessible public transport options and parking available.
As a medium-sized council, we focus on a myriad of Local Government responsibilities which services over 40,000 residents in the Strathfield LGA.
Our core values of Teamwork, Integrity, Accountability and Safety are at the heart of our organisation and Council emphasises the importance of achieving work-life harmony and developing staff.
About the Opportunity:
This role provides the opportunity to work within multi-disciplinary team to promote and enhance high standards of public health and environmental awareness of the Strathfield community.
To achieve this, the role entails the following:
- Provision of education, monitoring of compliance and provision of advice to Council, the Strathfield Community and other agencies regarding public health and environmental awareness.
- Implement, monitor, and enforce the provisions of relevant legislation and guidelines including Protection of the Environment Operations Act 1997, Local Government Act 1993, Food Act 2003, Food Safety Standards, Public Health Act 2010, NSW Bio-Security Act (2015), Contaminated Lands Management Act 1997 and regulations thereunder;
- Liaising with relevant authorities and other agencies and act as the Department’s representative on major projects, development assessments, and policies and procedures for the Environmental Services section;
- Investigating, monitoring and resolving public health and environmental offences including air pollution, noise, and water and land contamination;
- Prepare formal reports on the results of investigations and serving notices and orders to abate public health and environmental nuisances in accordance with relevant legislation;
For a full list of accountabilities, please see attached Position Description below
You will enjoy working within a cohesive team environment and be able to reason, negotiate and resolve technical problems with internal stakeholders. You will have strong verbal communication skills to liaise with external stakeholders and our community and be able to prepare written technical reports.
You will have tertiary qualifications in Applied Science (Environmental Health) or equivalent qualification acceptable for membership of the Australian Institute of Environmental Health. You will be able to apply relevant Local Government, Public Health and Environmental legislation to the role and impart professional knowledge to members of the public.
You will have a current NSW Class C Driver’s Licence and can competently operate word processing and computer applications.
Salary and Conditions:
The salary range for this position is $83,949 to $96,598 per annum dependent upon the applicant’s qualifications and experience.
For a list of Staff Benefits please click here.
This position also offers:
- The ability to achieve a flexible, work-life balance with a 35 hour work week and access to Council’s flexible working arrangements;
- Access to source a Council Leaseback;
- Challenging and rewarding work which directly influences community health;
- Employment benefits such as access to generous leave entitlements, and 10.5% superannuation.
To review this position description for this role, please click here.
Applicants can apply through our online application process:
1. Please fill out your details below and attach any relevant documentation on the next page.
Applications will have to address the Selection Criteria within the Position Description.
2. Review and answer our designated questions before concluding your application.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Sarah Kacir on 02 9748 9999.
Applications Close at 5pm, Friday 3rd February 2022.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Engineering Environmental, Environment, Food Technology, Medical...
- Locations:New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:4th Feb 2023, 12:00 am