- Base salary up to $106,835 + potential to earn additional allowance up to $6,867 p.a.
- Fully maintained private use vehicle (or vehicle allowance)
- 35 hours per week with a fortnightly RDO - work/life balance
- Option to work from home two days per week
About the role
We are seeking to employ an experienced and highly driven Strategic Planner to join our team at Woollahra Council on a permanent full-time basis.
Located within the Planning and Place Division, as a Strategic Planner you will work both independently and collaboratively with your team consisting of town planning, heritage conservation and urban design professionals. This team is responsible for preparing and maintaining statutory planning documents such as planning proposals, local environmental plans and development control plans.
You will participate in planning projects, consult with the community, conduct economic analysis and model development outcomes. Presentation of projects to Councillors, working parties and community groups is an important aspect of the position and may require after-hours work.
You will be a high achiever with a positive attitude and a strong work ethic. Your sound knowledge of the NSW Planning Legislation and excellent oral and written communication skills will ensure your success in this role.
- A tertiary qualification in either Town Planning, Urban Planning or a similar planning qualification, or near completion of relevant qualification.
- Well-developed skills and demonstrated current hands-on experience in the preparation, assessment and implementation of planning policies, planning proposals, local environmental plans, development control plans and planning strategies.
- A thorough current working knowledge of and experience with NSW planning legislation.
- Well-developed skills in the use of PC office software such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Skills and experience in the preparation and implementation of community consultation programmes, including presentations to public forums.
Click here to view the complete list of essential and desirable criteria.
What’s in it for you?
We promote equal access to opportunities within the organisation and we pride ourselves on creating a safe and engaging working environment.
We are dedicated to looking after our staff, because if we look after our people, we will be better placed to look after our community.
Eligible staff will be entitled to some of the following benefits:
- Fortnightly RDO - we value your work/life balance
- Hybrid workplace - potential to work from home up to 2 days per week
- Subsidised gym membership through Fitness Passport with access to 810+ fitness facilities
- Generous personal leave provisions (E.g. Long Service Leave after 5 years’ of continuous service, Parental Leave, Health & Wellbeing Days, Study Leave)
- High quality training and development opportunities
How to apply
- Apply on line by clicking the link below.
- You will be asked to demonstrate how you meet each of the selection criteria.
- If you have a separate statement addressing the selection criteria, please upload it as a cover letter and simply refer to it in the online questionnaire.
- You will be able to upload 2 documents only.
- For information on applying for Council jobs, please refer to http://www.woollahra.nsw.gov.au/council/employment/recruitment_and_selection_process
- For further information about the role, please contact Anne White - Manager Strategic Planning & Place on (02) 9391 7086 during business hours.
- Our preference is for applications to be submitted online, however, we will accept hard copy applications
CLOSING DATE: 11:59pm on Sunday, 12 February 2023
Woollahra Council is committed to responding to its responsibilities under the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 in undertaking all measures that are reasonably practical to ensure the health and safety of all our workers. As of 1st December 2021, new employees must be fully vaccinated (minimum two doses) with an approved COVID-19 vaccine and provide evidence seven days prior to commencement.
Should an applicant indicate that they wish to seek an exemption on medical or other grounds, they will need to provide evidence of their circumstances such as an accepted certified medical contraindication.
Woollahra Council is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
We are committed to reconciliation and strongly encourage all applicants, including, but not limited to, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, young people, mature aged workers, LGBTIQ and other minority groups to apply.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Architecture, Design and User Experience, Industrial...
- Locations:New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:13th Feb 2023, 12:00 am