Cisco seeks a Network Engineer Intern to work within APJ Customer Proof of Concept (CPOC) organization based in Sydney, Australia. The Intern would be working closely with the APJ CPOC team to deliver product and/or solution validation engagements that will aid in closing out sales opportunities.
The engagement involves preparing the required testbed for engineers to work on and support the ongoing maintenance and enhancement of the network infrastructure. The Intern would also be involved in daily administration of the CPOC lab, ie keeping order in inventory, and making sure the facility is Occupational and Health Safety (OH&S) compliant.
This opportunity will provide a pathway for the Intern to be more involved directly on customer engagements.
It is a challenging but interesting and rewarding role that requires a motivated person.
Candidate would be based at Cisco St Leonards office.
What You'll Do
- Gain knowledge and experience with various Cisco solutions aimed at Service Providers
- Provide support in the demonstration of Cisco technology and solutions
- Participate in some customer engagements under the guide of a local Systems Engineer
- Assist the local SE team in the delivery of a POC engagement
- Provide admin support as needed
- Collaborate with peers and mentor new co-ops
- Receive in-depth training and build your skills as you earn industry-leading certifications (expected to receive CCNA by the end of the intern term)
Our minimum requirements for this role:
- Currently pursuing and actively enrolled in an advanced degree or certification - inclusive of bachelors, masters, TAFE, community college, technical bootcamp or educated programs
- Passionate about networking, information technology or computer science
- Knowledge of adjacent technologies, holding Cisco Certifications (e.g., CCNA, CCNP) or industry recognized certifications and ability to script (Python or Java) is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with ability to troubleshoot technical problems
- Ability to multi-task, self-start, work in a fast-paced team environment and work independently
- Willing to take on new challenges and develop new skills
- Must be an Australian Permanent Resident or Australian or New Zealand Citizen (student visa's or visa's obtained on your own are not applicable for the program)
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us!
- Job type:Internships
- Disciplines:Computer Science, Cyber Security, Engineering Electrical,...
- Work rights:Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Program duration
- POSITION START DATE
Sep 2023 (approx)
- Closing Date:20th Aug 2023, 1:59 pm