Why You’ll Love Cisco
Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant than ever before in our lives. Our employees' revolutionary ideas impact everything imaginable - from entertainment, retail, healthcare, and education, to public and private sectors, smart cities, smart cars, and everyday devices in our homes. Here, that means you’ll take creative ideas from the drawing board to powerful solutions that have real world impact.
You’ll interface with Cisco leaders, partner with experienced mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You’ll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you’ll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be inspired.
The Global Sales Internship Program is specifically designed for university juniors and offers the opportunity to gain experience and grow within Cisco. The purpose of this program is to expose students to Cisco’s technology and customers while providing hands-on training and group projects.
Upon completion of the internship, opportunities exist to become Cisco’s next generation of sales engineering leaders through an accelerated early in career development path, namely CSAP (Cisco Sales Associate Program). Join and help us build the future of communication and collaboration technology, while receiving an attractive salary and accelerating your career aspirations.
What You’ll Do
- Gain Experience: You will receive in-depth training on Cisco products and services while also developing professionally through executive exposure and mentorship opportunities
- Customer Insights: Collaborate with peers and sales coaches to uncover transformational opportunities that will address Account Team’s top strategic initiatives across different industries and vertical markets
- Technology Focus: Gain insight into Cisco’s architectures from distinguished Systems Engineers while participating in cutting edge projects including dCloud demonstrations and Hackathons. This track will provide opportunities to explore data center, digitization, security and beyond!
- Relocate to Singapore for the full duration of the internship (approx. 9 weeks), Cisco will provide full visa and accommodation support.
- Pursuing a BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, MIS, and an emphasis on Software Design practices preferred and scheduled to graduate in December 2020– July 2021
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher or equivalent in your academic program
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills; Strong teamwork, communication, influencing, and organization skills
- Fluent in English (written and verbal), as well as fluent in local language for country of application
- Must be able to legally live and work in Australia, without visa support or sponsorship.
(Student visas or visas obtained on your own are not applicable for the program)
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Cyber Security, Engineering Software,...
- Work rights:
New Zealand Citizen, Australian Citizen,...
- Closing Date:31st Jan 2020, 12:59 pm