Start Date: 10th Jan 2022
Internship locations: Melbourne / Sydney / Canberra / Perth / Brisbane
Duration: 6 months (full-time)
Why You’ll Love Cisco
Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant than ever before in our lives. Our employees' revolutionary ideas impact everything imaginable - from entertainment, retail, healthcare, and education, to public and private sectors, smart cities, smart cars, and everyday devices in our homes. Here, that means you’ll take creative ideas from the drawing board to powerful solutions that have real world impact. You’ll interface with Cisco leaders, partner with experienced mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You’ll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you’ll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be inspired.
Who You Are
- You have a strong interest in technology!
- You like to discover new possibilities with hardware and software!
- You love gadgets!
- You have an interest in learning & teaching people!
What You’ll Do:
- Working with the Cisco Sales and Engineering Team you will get 1st hand Pre-sales experience.
- Develop and build new product demonstrations.
- Troubleshoot possible issues in daily work-life.
- Bring new ideas to Cisco, our Partners and our Customers.
- Support in customer and partner visits.
What You Need To Be Eligible:
- Enrolled in a Bachelor or Master degree in Computer science or related degree.
- A technology enthusiast, enjoying talking about innovation and always keeping up with the latest technology news.
- A strong communicator with the confidence to engage and talk to a wide range of people.
- Enjoy looking at practical real-life challenges and think creatively to solve them.
- Approach situations with an open and curious mind, taking on challenges with an eye for opportunity.
- Programming skills are an advantage.
- Already CCNA certified is an advantage.
- Australian Permanent Resident Or Australian or NZ Citizen
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Cyber Security, Data Science...
- Work rights:
New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent...
Canberra, Sydney, Brisbane,...
- POSITION START DATE
Jan 2022 (approx)
- Program Duration
- Remote Friendly
- Closing Date:27th Oct 2021, 7:00 am