DO WORK THAT MATTERS
Our relationship banking teams are the face of CommBank for our customers and manage relationships with all types of businesses, from small, middle-sized to larger corporates with turnover of up to $150M.
Working within our Commercial Banking business, you will make a difference to our customers every day by providing dedicated relationship management across Australia’s major metropolitan areas. Our segment spans the nation’s most innovative, dynamic, specialist and diverse sectors – everything from start-ups to listed companies!
During your rotations, you’ll have the opportunity to develop a range of skills that’ll set your banking career up for success. This includes credit analysis, financial modelling and interpretation of customer’s financial information, delivering superior customer service by managing the end-to-end lending process, and supporting bankers to provide tailored integrated financial solutions.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR YOU
Our customers are at the core of what we do! So bringing your exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to work is essential. You’ll be an innovative thinker, finding the best solutions for our clients and using your experience in customer service to play an important role in building strong relationships with clients to help them grow, improve and safeguard their financial wellbeing!
You don’t need to be a finance wiz to excel in our business – you’ll join the program with essential soft skills and we’ll teach you all the technical parts on the job.
WE INVEST IN YOUR FUTURE
The program commences on 20 February 2023, where you’ll join as a full-time permanent employee. Here you’ll get a taste of what it’s like working at CommBank through professional development opportunities including interactive masterclasses, training courses and graduate conference events to help you transition from full-time study to full-time life!
The program centres around 4 key elements:
· Shine: Contribute from day one by working on real projects that impact our business and our customers, within Australia’s largest bank.
· Develop: Participate in market-leading training to develop your technical and soft skills. This will help with the transition to full-time work from University and ensure you excel in your immediate and future roles.
· Network: Build networks and friendships through unparalleled access to senior leaders, project leads and program sponsors, enhancing your personal and business profile.
· Contribute: Give back to the community through graduate initiatives, driving positive change across our organisation and improving the wellbeing of our graduate cohort.
Our uniquely structured 15 Month Graduate program gives you a taste of what it’s like to work with Australia’s best bank. You’ll have the opportunity for 4 rotations which will allow you to develop your knowledge and expertise within your areas of interest within the Business Banking teams. At the end of your program, you can expect to successfully transition into a challenging role as an Analyst, kick starting your career as a future banker and leader in our business.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
• You're an Australian/New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident at the time of application (essential);
• In your final year of your University degree or have graduated within the last 12 months (essential); and
• Achieving at least a credit average across your University degree
At CommBank, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value’s driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focusing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Work from home:
Employees are allowed to work remotely some of the time but most of the work is done at the company’s physical office. Remote work is considered a perk or a privilege. For example, an employee may work from home for 1-2 days per week.
Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne
- POSITION START DATE
Feb 2023 (approx)
- Closing Date:15th Mar 2022, 3:53 am