2024 CommBank Data Science and Analytics Graduate Program Opportunities
Do work that matters
You’ll be at the forefront of innovation at Australia’s largest Bank. You’ll use data to build and enhance quantitative and predictive models to support insights, or use our leading technology to extract incredible data and influence direction of the business.
Over the course of the program, you’ll enhance your technical capability through the use of analytical tools such as R, SQL, SAS and Teradata, alongside vast datasets to develop and deliver actionable insights.
See yourself in our team
We have two programs within the Data & Analytics career pathway. Being part of the Data Science or Analytics Program means you’ll:
- Gain access to world-class technical and development resources to help you expand your skills;
- Join a huge network of Technology Graduates, supported by managers focused on your career growth;
- Be finding the answers to some of Australia’s biggest customer challenges using rich data at your fingertips.
Retail Banking Services – Analytics (Sydney)
The 18 month Analytics Graduate Program includes three rotations. You’ll get exposure to everything from Insights Analytics, Exception Reporting & Controls and Reporting & Visualisation to Customer Communications. Outside of your rotations you’ll also have three unique Retail Banking Services (RBS) experiences:
- Three weeks in our frontline branch and call centre team;
- One week risk experience;
- Five weeks learning design thinking methodologies to solve unique, real business problems.
After the program, you could continue your CommBank career in one of our diverse analytical functions. Roles could include Data Analyst, Modelling Analyst, Risk Analyst, Associate Data Scientist or Pricing Analyst.
Technology – Data Science (Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide & Brisbane)
Our 18 month Data Science Program offers you two three month rotations. You can gain exposure in Decision and Behavioural Science, Quantitative & Predictive Modelling, Artificial Intelligence (AI) & machine learning (ML), Data Engineering, and more.
We’re the frontline in the AI revolution. You’ll lead the way and support in driving innovative, data-led solutions and approaches.
After the program you can land a role at CommBank as a Data Scientist, Machine Learning or Data Engineer.
Check out commbank.com.au/graduate to find out more about our pathways.
We’re interested in hearing from you if:
- You're passionate about data and keen to learn new tech stacks, languages and frameworks;
- You’re a proactive problem solver with a strategic mindset who loves simplifying processes;
- You listen to people’s needs and design solutions to create better experiences protecting our customers.
At CommBank, we’re committed to your development, career growth and training. We encourage you to apply for our program no matter what your degree. Your skills may align to one of our roles.
If this sounds like you, and you are -
- An Australian/NZ citizen or Australian permanent resident at the time of your application;
- In your final year of your overall university degree, or have graduated within the last 24 months; and
- Achieving at least a credit average across your overall degree;
Apply now for our Graduate Program!
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Computer Science, Data Science and Analytics
- Work rights:Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Work from home:Hybrid remote
Employees are allowed to work remotely some of the time but most of the work is done at the company’s physical office. Remote work is considered a perk or a privilege. For example, an employee may work from home for 1-2 days per week.
- Locations:Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide,...
- Closing Date:26th Apr 2023, 12:59 pm
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.