CSL is a global specialty biotherapeutics company that develops and delivers innovative biotherapies that save lives, and helps people with life-threatening medical conditions live full lives.
8 jobs available
If you’re interested in working at CSL, understanding when they have opened up applications for their graduate programs, graduate jobs and internships is helpful knowledge to have so you know when you might need to apply. Use the below information to see when CSL hires graduates, but more importantly what graduate degree’s and other student attributes they target for their jobs.
A century ago, CSL made a promise to protect the health of a nation and help save and improve the lives of people with serious diseases. Today, this same promise is stronger than ever. Over the last 100 years, CSL has grown into a global biotechnology leader delivering innovative therapies to patients all around the world. With a unique combination of R&D focus, operational excellence and commercial strength, CSL is well-positioned to continue its leadership into the second century.
CSL at a glance:
- 35+ countries of operations around the world
- US$9.1+ Billion in annual revenue
- 8 Manufacturing sites – Australia (2), China, Germany, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States (2)
- 27+ thousand employees around the world
- US$3.7 Billion in R&D investments in the last 5 years
- 1,700+ R&D employees
- 270+ Plasma collection centres across Europe and North America
We are driven by our passion and commitment to patients and stakeholders we serve around the world.
The CSL (Australia) Graduate Program is a two-year program focused on providing you with career opportunities within our global business.
Our program is a chance for you to work alongside and learn from a diverse group of professionals who are leaders in their field. As a CSL Graduate you will be given:
- Tailored rotations
- Practical experience
- Real projects with real responsibilities
- On-the-job technical training
- Exposure to various teams and functions across the business
- Structured coaching and regular performance feedback
- Focused career development
- Specialist development activities
At CSL, we recognise the importance of having highly skilled and committed employees, our structured two year development program is focused on growing your personal and professional skills from the moment you join our program including:
- Graduate specific orientation plan
- Ongoing exposure to senior leaders
- Graduate Alumni Program
- Buddy Program
- Mentoring Program with senior leader
- Building Competencies & Individual profiling learning
- Business Innovation Challenge
- Career Transition
Our current and past graduates have also established self-led educational and development activities such as This Is My Stream (TIMS), Leadership Talks from senior members of our organisation and their own Graduate Committee. These initiatives are now embedded within our program and will benefit future graduates.
2019 Supply Chain Graduate | Behring
BEng (Chem) & BComm, Monash University
The graduate program at CSL provides the opportunity to work in a highly rewarding, fast-paced environment. From the very beginning, I was working in a high performance team to ensure our production schedule met our patient’s needs. I’ve found that work is far more meaningful when the end use of the product is critical to someone’s life.
2019 Manufacturing Graduate | Seqirus
BEng (Chem) (Hons) & BPharmSc, RMIT
The Graduate Program at Seqirus has managed to exceed my expectations. I have the opportunity to work with a team on exciting projects, which has given me the opportunity to experience new challenges and apply my own ideas and thinking.
2018 Quality Graduate | Behring
BSc (Hons), University of Western Australia
From a research student to the pharmaceutical industry - CSL has really opened doors to a whole new world for me. As a CSL graduate, the ability to rotate means I am constantly learning and being challenged. Furthermore, I get to work with a team of passionate, supportive professionals who are both teachers and mentors to me.
2018 Commercial Operations Graduate | Seqirus
BSc (Hons), Durham University
In my current rotation, I am not only completing my individual tasks but also working with colleagues in the field to understand the role from different perspectives. Additionally, my managers are keen to ensure I have an appreciation of how the business functions more broadly - providing opportunities in different departments and even states.
2018 Engineering Graduate | Behring
BEng & MEng (Chem), University of Western Australia
I have most enjoyed applying classical chemical engineering theory and techniques to a very interesting and important application. A great facet of the job, is that the contributions you make at CSL, help ensure that patients continue to receive lifesaving bio-therapeutics. That is something that is easy to wake up each morning for.
Project Engineer | 2017 Manufacturing Graduate | Behring
BEng (Chem) (Hons) & BSc, RMIT
The graduate program at CSL Behring provides fantastic opportunities to explore different areas of a complex and interesting business. This is a great role for anyone who has a passion for continuous learning.
Senior Analyst | 2017 Enterprise Excellence Graduate | Behring
BSc, Swinburne University of Technology
Working at CSL has been an entirely new experience for me, and has exceeded my expectations. The variety of work I’ve been able to be involved with has provided a number of amazing development opportunities, and I feel confident as my graduate experience is coming to an end that I will be able to continue to use and grow these skills in new and exciting roles!
Data Scientist | 2016 Manufacturing Graduate | Behring
BSc (Chem) (Hons), University of Adelaide & MEng(Chem) University of Melbourne
Having always had a strong attraction to science and the power of its implementation to change the world, high-tech industry was a natural destination for me and CSL was at the forefront for Australia.
Production Engineer | 2016 Engineering Graduate | Behring
BSc & MEng(Chem), University of Melbourne
My industry experience when I entered the Graduate Program was limited to the engineering consulting and mining industries. To top that off I had minimal knowledge of biochemical processes. Thankfully my attitude, passion for problem-solving and strong desire to become an engineer that has a positive social impact made me a desirable candidate. Now I have little time to imagine a more challenging, interesting and dynamic work environment!
Our five-stage application process is your opportunity to show us that you have what it takes to be a CSL Graduate. Successfully advancing through every stage of the recruitment process brings you closer to becoming an important member of the CSL team.
What we are looking for:
- Your ability to drive results and exceed expectations
- Your ability to demonstrate self-awareness
- Your capability to adapt to change
- Effective communication and the capacity to work collaboratively
- Your ability to clearly express your technical knowledge
How to Apply:
- Review the information regarding the 2022 Graduate Streams.
- Ensure you meet the requirements below.
- Submit your application prior to the deadline.
- You must be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen or have Australian Permanent Residency status at the time of application
- Completed an undergraduate or postgraduate degree with a credit average in the last three years (i.e. 2019, 2020, 2021) or be due to complete it by January 2022
- You must be available to commence full time employment from February 2022
- Our graduate program is based in Melbourne (Broadmeadows, Parkville or Docklands, Victoria – depending on your stream of application). As such, you must be located in/or willing to relocate to Melbourne and be willing to cover the costs of relocation.
- Demonstrated work experience throughout university
- Be willing to undertake a National Police Check and a medical assessment
If you have any further queries in regards to the program, please email: [email protected]