Today in Australia more than 16 million public transport trips are taken every week using Cubic’s smart card ticketing systems – 13 million with the Opal card in New South Wales and 2.9 million with the go card in south east Queensland.
Globally, nearly 10 billion rides every year are taken using Cubic systems and we have delivered public transit and traffic management systems to over 450 transport operators in major cities and regions on four continents, including Transport for NSW and TransLink in Brisbane.
Our customers trust us to provide the technology needed for their passengers to move freely and easily across their networks. Whether it’s London’s Oyster, Sydney’s Opal or Brisbane’s go card, Cubic’s solutions keep the transport network moving, and get you where you need to go.
About the Cubic Graduate Program
At Cubic, you will be welcomed into a team with diverse skills and varying levels of experience to enhance your learning opportunities. Working with Cubic will allow you to challenge perceptions, learn new skills, build knowledge and achieve your goals.
Throughout Cubic's Graduate Program, you can expect to experience:
- Induction into Cubic Transportation Systems and Cubic Corporation
- Opportunities for key stakeholder and customer engagement
- Access and learn to engineering processes & tools
- Work in an environment where your contribution matters
- Attend professional development courses (subject to business requirements and probation reviews)
You will be rewarded with:
- A competitive salary which will be reviewed regularly, with increases related to the achievement of key milestones
- Access to a range of employee benefits! These include: discounted health cover; parental leave top-up; volunteering leave; charitable donation matching; discounts at a large range of retailers; and many more!
- Flexible work arrangements
- A supportive, team-based environment which promotes knowledge sharing and driving innovation via ‘out of the box’ thinking and global collaboration
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities based on your interests and career aspirations. As part of the Graduate Program journey, you will be exposed to a variety of learning experiences to build the right capabilities to set you up for success!
About the Role
We are looking for a motivated graduate to join our busy engineering team in Perth and in Sydney. In this role you'll work with and learn from our Systems Engineers, Project Engineers and Test Engineers, whilst working on new and various aspects of our systems.
You will be responsible for:
- Assisting with the analysis and leading the troubleshooting of issues. This includes investigating and then proposing correction approaches
- Obtaining and elaborating on requirements through workshops, and managing those requirements
- Assisting with the design and development of functional specifications
- Assisting with the integration of solutions
- Participating in testing and defect management in accordance with engineering processes
- Maintaining engineering and technical documents
- Helping prepare technical presentations, discussions and workshops with our customers.
You'll be a graduate with a bachelor degree, ideally in software engineering, electrical engineering, computer science and IT (or related). As part of your degree, you'll have an interest in software development; you'll have knowledge of a variety of operating systems such as windows and linux; and you'll have knowledge with expressing systems designs using UML.
In general you'll be a confident person who enjoys problem solving, has excellent verbal and written communication skills, is able to work well with others in a team, is flexible to changing demands and wants to learn!
You must have unrestricted rights to work in Australia.
If this sounds like the role for you, please submit your application now for our Graduate Systems Engineering roles – commencing in 2023!
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Computer Science, Engineering Electrical, Engineering Software
- Work rights:Australian Permanent Resident, Australian Citizen,...
- Closing Date:10th Feb 2023, 9:00 am