Junior Management Consultant
To apply for this position, please follow the instructions at the end of this ad. Applications that do not comply with these instructions will not be considered.
This position is ideally suited to a recent graduate or to someone with at least 1-2 years’ experience in the workforce. This full-time role requires a candidate who shows initiative, has outstanding verbal and written communications, and shows diligence, pride and commitment to their work and its outcomes. The position is on a small but growing in-person team in Melbourne.
About the Role
Delos Delta is looking for a full-time consultant (min 4-days) to work with the team to; deliver strategies and strategic advice, conduct research and reviews, provide policy advice and recommendation reports, design and facilitate stakeholder engagement and support business administration.
As a consultant on the Delos Delta team, you would be working in an engaging, close-knit and innovative environment to produce meaningful high quality strategic documents. Working with Delos Delta offers the opportunity to work in a modern, flexible workplace that encourages high levels of autonomy, mentoring from an experienced team, collaboration with partners across Australia and the world, and the opportunity to travel.
The expected starting salary will be between $50,000 - $65,000 depending on the candidate’s skills, experience and qualifications.
Your role & responsibilities will include:
- Developing reports for public release and dissemination nationally and internationally
- Preparing research, analysis and advice to shape the national policy agenda
- Preparing documents and projects in accordance with contracts and internal quality standards
- Developing stakeholder engagement material to support project outcomes
- Liaising with clients and managing stakeholder relationships
- Participating in professional development and capacity building initiatives
- Supporting business administration activities
- Coordinating and managing select projects and tasks
Desirable qualities/skills/experience include:
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to follow direction and ability to act with initiative
- Ability to work in small teams
- Ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities
- Research and analytical skills
- Professional working experience (e.g. internships, cadetships, graduate program)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Other desirable, but non-essential skills include proficiency in:
- Data analytics/management
- Smart technology
- Statistical analysis
- Survey Monkey
- Writing for the public sector
- Ability to work at least 4 days/week
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Tertiary education/qualifications will be highly regarded
- This position will be physically based in Melbourne
Delos Delta is a growing business founded in January 2017. We pride our ourselves on our innovative and collaborative workplace culture, which values learning, teamwork, enthusiasm and success. As a smaller company, Delos Delta supports every staff as an essential part of the team, and offers the unique opportunity for immediate hands-on experience, strategic and project management responsibility, personal development and team camaraderie.
Our core expertise lies in local government support in smart cities, economics, stakeholder engagement and organisational change. Working at Delos Delta exposes you to interesting hands-on work across:
- Smart cities
- Digital transformation
- Data management
- Economic development and resilience
- Community planning
- Organisational change and development
- Policy and governance
- Project management
In response to a growing Victorian client-base, Delos Delta has recently expanded its operations to Melbourne. You will form a part of this new team, working directly with our General Manager, Anna Wilson.
IMPORTANT: To apply for this position please send your resume and a cover letter/personal statement (max 2 pages for letter) addressing the following selection criteria to [email protected] by 9:00am 26 April 2021
- What excites you about Delos Delta?
- What skills and experience do you have that would be an asset to Delos Delta?
- What personal qualities and attributes do you have that will allow you to make a positive contribution to Delos Delta culture, team and productivity?
- What key area of expertise do you have, that would add value to the Delos Delta team? (e.g. research skills, understanding of innovation/smart cities, technical skills etc. etc.)
Candidate Selection Process
- Cover letter/personal statement and resume assessment
- One-on-one interview with Delos Delta panel
- 1-hour Written/Research Assessment on a topic chosen by Delos Delta
- Referee Check
Indicative timelines subject to change:
- 26 April: Applications Closed
- 30 April: Notification of Application Outcome
- 4 June: Notification of Final Outcome
- 21 June: Proposed Start Date
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Consulting, Economics, Management
- Work rights:
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- 1/11 McKay Gardens, Turner, ACT, 2612Locations:
- Closing Date:26th Apr 2021, 12:59 pm