Employment Status: Ongoing (permanent)
Security clearance required: Negative Vetting Level 1
The Graduate Development Program is a 12 month program. Our graduates come from a broad range of backgrounds, study areas and work and life experiences. We are interested in all high achieving and motivated graduates.
You will get to take advantage of the diverse work of the department through a variety of workplace rotations and structured learning. Our program is delivered across four professional streams (Generalist, Finance, Veterinary Science, Legal)
The program provides a number of benefits to graduates including:
- a competitive remuneration package
- access to networks and a dedicated Graduate Team
- diverse workplace rotations
- Question Time and Senate Estimates visits (where available)
- attending Australian Public Service Commission (APSC) graduate events
- comprehensive learning and development opportunities including a group industry project and industry visit
- access to a buddy and engagement with the executive
- relocation assistance if moving from interstate
- flexible work arrangements and excellent work conditions that promote work/life balance.
Skills and capabilities
We are seeking graduates that will help us achieve our goals and foster our positive workplace culture. We encourage you to apply if you:
- like to tackle important issues
- are open to doing things differently
- anticipate and adapt to new situations
- are mindful of the impact you have on others
- make things happen to ensure success.
Generalist Stream – Degree level qualification in any discipline.
Finance Stream – Degree level qualification in finance or accounting.
Veterinary Science Stream – Degree in Veterinary Science or Veterinary Medicine and Surgery from an Australian University or equivalent veterinary qualification recognised in Australia. You must be fully registered, or eligible for full registration, with the relevant Australian state/territory veterinary board and you must maintain this registration whilst employed by the department.
Legal Stream – Degree in law.
Eligibility and requirements
Citizenship - To be eligible for employment with the Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment you must be an Australian citizen.
Security Clearance – These positions require a Negative Vetting Level 1 security clearance. You will be required to obtain and maintain a clearance at this level.
Pre-employment Check - Your suitability for employment will be assessed through a pre-employment screening process. This process includes a requirement to undergo and satisfy a National Police Check, referee checks, character clearance and where required a pre-employment medical assessment, specified mandatory qualification(s) validation and a probation period of 6 months.
MSIC and ASIC Licences – If the position requires unescorted access within an aviation or maritime security zone, you will be required to obtain and maintain an Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC) or Maritime Security Identification Card (MSIC).
RecruitAbility applies to this vacancy. Under the RecruitAbility scheme you will be invited to participate in further assessment activity for the vacancy if you choose to apply under the scheme; declare you have a disability; and meet the minimum requirements for the position. For more information see
Name: Graduate Recruitment Support Team
Phone number: 1800 263 491
Email address: [email protected]
Applications close: 11:00 pm (AEDT) on 11 April 2021
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Arts and Humanities, Banking and...
- Work rights:
- POSITION START DATE
Feb 2022 (approx)
- Program Duration
- Closing Date:25th Apr 2021, 1:00 pm