The Policy and Corporate Pathway is a key enabler of Defence’s mission and provides future leaders across the Department and recruits high-calibre university graduates from all disciplines for roles across several areas.
We can offer graduates meaningful and challenging work from day one. Those who are successful in joining us will undertake a wide range of management, administrative, finance, personnel and policy roles throughout the Department of Defence. Graduates join a network of people all dedicated to working on issues that impact the well-being of all Australians.
Our 12-month Pathway includes three work rotations consisting of four months each at various locations in Australia. The first must be taken in Canberra, with the opportunity for regional rotations offered later in the Program. In previous years, graduates have completed rotations at Defence establishments in Sydney, Darwin, Perth, Nowra, Williamtown, Townsville and Amberley.
In each rotation you will have real tasks and responsibilities, and be fully integrated into the work team to ensure you reach your full potential. The Corporate Pathway includes a comprehensive learning and development program, including:
- Senior Officer Briefs where you will meet Defence’s senior leaders, including the Chief of the Defence Force and Secretary of Defence, to discuss Defence’s strategic objective, career management and the senior officer’s personal insights;
- A visit to Parliament House to view Members of Parliament engage in question time; Rotation specific training to provide you with the skills and knowledge to undertake reward, exciting and challenging work;
- Meetings with the Graduate Management Team and your experience supervisor to discuss your learning and development needs, career aspirations and performance feedback;
- A dedicated Graduate Management Team that will guide and advise you throughout your program.
Defence offers a generous remuneration package, conditions of service and leave benefits that will contribute to you enjoying a happy work-life balance. Graduates who complete the program are able to apply for study assistance, including financial reimbursement and study leave, to pursue further studies (i.e. postgraduate programs).
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
- Program Duration
- Number of vacancies
- Salary range
69,811 + 15.4% superannuation
- Is this a generalist role?
- Position Start Date
- Accepts International
- Remote friendly (Work from home)
- Closing Date:14th Apr 2021, 1:30 pm