At PM&C we strive to be bold, be excellent and drive change. We provide fresh thinking and creative advice to government.
Our mission is to improve the lives of all Australians by delivering high-quality and timely support to the Prime Minister, the Cabinet, Portfolio Ministers and Assistant Ministers. Our expertise spans many policy areas, with special focus on social and women’s policy, economic and international policy, defence, intelligence and national security.
About the Generalist Stream
The Generalist Stream is for the curious mind, those who do not have the end goal in sight, who seek to be inspired on their journey of discovery. You are open to new opportunities and have an unwavering drive to learn about every aspect of Government. You seek to learn and understand the Department and beyond and are humble, yet tactical in your pursuit. You want to work at PM&C because you believe that there is no greater place to start your vocation in the APS.
PM&C works at the heart of Government. Unlike other agencies our Generalist Program offers a broad range of opportunities to sink your teeth into that doesn’t narrow your experience to any one section of Government. PM&C offers the privilege of collaborating with line agencies to achieve Government objectives on a daily basis and allows you to leave no stone unturned.
PM&C Graduate desired skills and traits:
- You are a motivated, high achiever who wants to make a difference to the future of our country and who has an understanding of Government, policy and the work of the Department.
- You thrive in times of change and in a fast-paced environment.
- You are agile, dynamic and able to redirect your focus quickly according to changing priorities.
- You are optimistic, resilient and willing to take on any challenge.
- You enjoy problem solving, are innovative, creative and offer new ideas, approaches and insights.
- You are self-motivated, ambitious and driven.
- You know how to utilise your strengths to get through busy and difficult times in the workplace.
- You embrace and respect diversity, and diversity of thought.
- You show respect and sensitivity towards cultural and religious differences.
Our PM&C Graduates are from a variety of academic disciplines with diverse experiences and backgrounds including, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people; Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex and/or Queer people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, carers, families, mature age people and people with lived experience of disability.
The Graduate Program (Program) is a 12-month Program based in the Nation’s Capital, Canberra. The Program is founded on flexibility, empowerment and investment. Unlike other Government Graduate Programs, you are responsible for the direction of your career. Allowing you the freedom to navigate your journey, under the ‘Choose your Own Adventure’ banner and chosen stream you will organise and secure your own rotations by:
- Reaching out to PM&C contacts to initiate conversations about placement opportunities
- Participate in networking events that provide an opportunity to learn about different business areas and their work
- Step out of your comfort zone and work in an area that may not have initially been part of your plan
- Connect with your mentor, buddy and supervisors to help you forward plan and identify areas of interest.
Sound like you? Click here to find out more about the Program and head straight to the Applications page to apply.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Actuary, Administration, Agriculture, Architecture, Arts...
- Work rights:
- Position Start Date
- Program Duration
- Remote Friendly
- Closing Date:11th Apr 2021, 1:30 pm