ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The PM&C Graduate Program (Program) is a 12-month Program founded on flexibility and empowerment. Like University, you are provided the agency to navigate your own journey and experiences.
While our Program sets a structure for rotations, you will be able to choose from our:
- Generalist Stream – where you will be provided the tools to test all areas of the Department before determining which area you would prefer to work in after the Program; or
- Corporate and Government Stream – where you will complete rotations within your stream, complete a ‘Minor’ rotation outside of your stream to complement your skills, and you will then work within your stream after the Program.
The Program will be based in our National Offices located in Canberra.
In becoming a knowledge organisation, we encourage staff to actively seek out opportunities that champion emotional intelligence, relationships, creativity and critical thinking.
We value the curiosity of our staff, those who are growth focused and intent on sharing and leveraging information, resources, talent and experiences. To strengthen PM&C as a modern, responsive and fit-for-purpose organisation, we need to celebrate successes and always be open to learning.
The Generalist Stream is for the curious mind, those who do not have the end goal in sight, but who seek to be inspired on their journey of discovery. You will be drawn to the Generalist stream if you have an open mind and are interested in discovering where you can best leverage your strengths. You seek to learn and understand the Department and are humble yet tactical in your pursuit. You want to work at PM&C because you believe that there is no greater vocation than the Australian Public Service.
Corporate and Government Stream
PM&C needs to be a modern, collaborative and responsive organisation that drives excellence across the APS and delivers quality outcomes for the Government and the Australian public.
To keep pace in our changing world, we need to transform the way we work. We need to work smarter and rally the right people who bring their curiosity and expertise to bear in finding opportunities to better serve the interests of all Australians.
This work is embedded by the Department’s enabling functions, critical to the operation of government, our Corporate and Government areas cut across legal policy, parliamentary, cabinet and ministerial support, protocols and international visits, human resource management, communications, governance, ICT and financial management.
The Corporate and Government Stream actively seeks the specialist skills to enable PM&C as an organisation that delivers quality outcomes for the Government and Australian public. You will be drawn to the Corporate and Government Stream if you like being a part of the big picture, and using your skillset and technical expertise to achieve outcomes and drive high quality service.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
To be a PM&C graduate you have a genuine sense of curiosity – a desire to know and understand more about the people we serve and the challenges and opportunities for Australians in a changing world. You will be adaptable and resilient, and willing to embrace a range of opportunities. You will bring your 'whole self' to work.
We are looking for people from a variety of academic disciplines and people with diverse experiences and backgrounds including: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people; Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Intersex people; Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people; mature age and people with disability
To be eligible to apply, you must:
- Have completed at least a three-year undergraduate bachelor degree obtaining a credit average within the last eight years. All degrees must be complete by 31 December 2020 and be recognised in Australia.
- Be able to obtain and maintain an Australian Government security clearance to a minimum of Baseline level.
- Be an Australian citizen by 30 June 2020. You will need to provide evidence to verify impending citizenship.
All positions are located in Canberra, you must be willing to relocate to participate in the program.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Arts and Humanities, Business and...
- Work rights:
- Closing Date:28th Apr 2020, 1:30 pm