Do you want paid work while studying that supports Queensland’s transport network?
Join Transport and Main Roads in 2023! We are looking for future-focused cadets who value teamwork, a community minded spirit and are obsessive about customer service.
By joining Transport and Mail Roads as a cadet you will apply the technical skills you are learning to real-life projects. This will give you a head start in your career while helping the department deliver better transport solutions for Queensland.
In the role of Cadet (Surveyor) you will utilise your technical skill and knowledge to assist in the delivery of geospatial products and services to assist the Department in planning, designing, constructing and managing its road network.
The role involves the applicant developing the necessary skills to:
- Undertake the surveys necessary for the design and construction of transport infrastructure.
- Operate and supervise a survey team to ensure a high standard of quality, cost effectiveness and safety.
- Provide technical advice and instruction to survey team and individuals to ensure that technical standards and efficiencies are achieved and those projects are completed within budget and time constraints.
- Assist in the delivery of civil works schemes in accordance with departmental standards, specifications, policies and procedures.
- Acquire and validate geospatial information for planning, design, construction and road corridor management.
- Assemble, analyse, interpret, transform and convert information into formats specific to client needs.
- Deliver geospatial projects, products and services to meet departmental requirements.
- Apply contemporary project management principles in line with surveying standards, guidelines, and departmental policies and practices to deliver the projects
- Support and coordinate work activities of team members.
Cadets are required to be studying or enrolled in:
- Associate Degree of Spatial Science - major in Surveying, or
- Bachelor of Spatial Science Technology - major in Surveying, or
- equivalent qualification, acceptable for registration with the Surveyors Board of Queensland (SBQ).
- Valid Queensland ‘C' class driver's licence or equivalent may be required for some locations.
Positions available in Rockhampton, Roma, Bundaberg and Brisbane.
This is a program to redress the under-representation in this industry/profession of women, persons with a disability. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and person for whom English is not their first language and is an equal opportunity measure under section 105 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991. Preference may be given to these types of applicants.
For more information on Transport and Main Roads Cadetships, please visit https://www.tmr.qld.gov..au/cadetships
Applications to remain current for 12 months.
Closing Date: Tuesday, 31 January 2023
- Job type:Cadetships
- Disciplines:Engineering Civil Structural, Planning and Surveying
- Work rights:Australian Permanent Resident, Australian Citizen
Rockhampton, Roma, Bundaberg and Brisbane
- Closing Date:31st Jan 2023, 1:59 pm