We are seeking applicants who enjoy working outdoors, thrive upon delivering excellence in customer service and are seeking casual hours. Successful applicants will work in a variety of locations across the Translink network and need to be flexible in adapting to variable work hours.
In the role of a casual Customer Liaison Officer (CLO), you will be passionate about the benefits of using public transport and providing great customer service. As a CLO, you will promote a positive image of public transport, Translink and its services. You will also be responsible for providing accurate and up to date information to customers regarding: Ticketing and products, with particular focus on go card; service and fare changes and special events and promotions.
* This role reports directly to the Manager (CLO Coordination) and will provide face to face customer service for the Translink Division of Transport and Main Roads.
* This is an AO2 casual role. There are no guaranteed or regular hours of work. Shifts are allocated on a project / as required basis.
* This role will be required to undertake work inside and at times, outside of core business hours of 6am and 6pm and on Weekends – with overtime rates paid where applicable.
* Hourly rates start at $34.88 per hour
* This role requires excellent availability across all days and times of day.
* Shifts will be across the Translink network, including the Gold Coast, Sunshine coast, Ipswich and Greater Brisbane area.
* Intrastate travel may be required for this role.
Role accountabilities include:
* Provide high-quality customer service to passengers travelling on the Translink network by professionally responding to their enquiries.
* Engage with customers at key events such as opening of new public transport infrastructure (e.g. Busways, park’n’rides and rail stations) and at special events such as the Ekka, Multicultural Festivals, community and tertiary events.
* Promote a positive image of Translink when dealing with both internal and external customers.
* Demonstrate an understanding of Equal Employment (EEO) and Anti-Discrimination principles when dealing with both internal and external customers.
* Promote Translink ticketing products with particular focus on using the go card and its benefits.
* Provide up-to-date information and alternative travel options to customers during planned and unplanned service changes.
* Gain awareness of corporate responsibilities through the appropriate induction processes and participation in relevant training and development opportunities that are identified as necessary to achieve work unit goals.
* Contribute to a safe and healthy workplace by complying with workplace health and safety legislation, codes of practice, standards and Translink’s policy and procedures and participating in risk management and corrective action programs.
* Ensure a ‘can do’ attitude to all work requests.
* Ensure you are self-managing and committed to meeting the roster requirements, as required.
* Build networks with peers and work collaboratively with Management team.
* Other accountabilities and tasks as reasonably directed.
How to apply:
To assess your suitability, please provide the following information to the panel, by the 24th of September:
* Your CV or resume (maximum five pages) highlighting your customer service work experience; and
* A cover letter of no more than one page telling us why you are interested in this role. This should not be a restatement of your resume and does not require you to respond to each of the attributed areas in the role description. It is your opportunity to tell us about yourself, what you will bring to the role and what you will get out of it.
* Please submit your application to [email protected] by the 24th of September 2023.
* Please title your application email - Application – EOI CS0923 [First Name, Surname]
Please contact Lauren Sinclair (Manager, CLO Coordination) on 0477 383 785 if you have any questions.
- Job type:Casual Jobs
- Work rights:Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Work from home:Remote
Employees are not required to work at the company’s physical office - there is complete flexibility to work from home or elsewhere. This can be used to accommodate employees who are based overseas or wish to travel.
- Closing Date:24th Sep 2023, 1:59 pm