What’s on offer:
- A permanent role in TMR
- Competitive remuneration starting from $72,000
- 2-year graduate program (2x 12-month rotations or 4x 6-month rotations)
- Tailored development and networking opportunities
- Flexible workplaces and arrangements
- Enjoy a 36.25 hour working week
- Access to our Indigenous Employee Network, Gender Equity Program, OneTMR Pride Network, and Accessibility Inclusion Advocacy Network
About the role
While working at TMR, you will develop critical technical skills through on-the-job project experiences and rotations. As a graduate engineer, you will utilise your recently attained engineering and problem-solving skills to achieve our vision: creating a single integrated transport network accessible to everyone.
You will contribute to enriching the lives of Queenslanders as we work to make a difference through the delivery of road, rail, and sea infrastructure projects. With multiple roles available and under the supervision of senior engineering staff you may get the opportunity to:
- contribute to the project management and delivery of road, transport, and marine infrastructure projects through the provision of technical expertise
- provide technical advice and support to the concept design, options development and construction and maintenance activities of civil infrastructure projects
- use engineering principles to predict and calculate the stability, strength and rigidity of built structures such as bridges, culverts, gantries and retaining walls
- provide engineering advice on project planning, design, construction and maintenance activities for road safety and passenger transport
- contribute to the contract management and effective coordination of key operational activities and resources for project management and process development
- project manage the design and delivery of marine/maritime infrastructure projects through the administration of contracts
- conduct geotechnical related works including geotechnical design and reviews and geotechnical investigations
- visit regional parts of Queensland to undertake site inspections.
A Washington Accord accredited 4-year degree in Civil Engineering recognised by Engineers Australia.
We are looking for graduates who:
- are innovative and future-focused
- value teamwork, are community minded and put customer safety first
- use research and data analysis to provide best practice recommendations
- take the initiative to collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds, experiences and expertise
- listen to understand, take the time to connect and contribute to the wellbeing of yourself and others
- actively seek and provide considered feedback and be willing to modify your approach for a better outcome.
The diversity of Queensland makes us stronger.
It's important to us that our graduate program reflects the community we serve. This means creating an inclusive culture that promotes the skills and insights of our people of all genders, ethnicities, generations, sexual orientations, abilities and lived experience. We recognise teams with diverse members are better able to contribute to our organisation’s goals and outcomes through enhanced creativity, innovation and improved problem solving.
At the Department of Transport and Main Roads, we want people of all abilities to have an equitable experience. We encourage you to share with us any adjustments you may require to participate equitably in the recruitment process, and when you commence in the workplace as a successful candidate.
If you have accessibility requirements or require alternative formats for the recruitment process, please contact Hudson graduates team for further information or to arrange a confidential discussion.
Complete an online application, where you will select your role preferences and attach the following:
- an up-to-date resume
- your most recent academic transcript.
Apply today for an experience like no other!
For further information visit https://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/graduateprogram
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Engineering Civil Structural, Engineering Geotechnical,...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Work from home:
Employees are allowed to work remotely some of the time but most of the work is done at the company’s physical office. Remote work is considered a perk or a privilege. For example, an employee may work from home for 1-2 days per week.
- POSITION START DATE
Feb 2023 (approx)
- Closing Date:29th Aug 2022, 12:59 pm