Djerriwarrh Health Services (DjHS) is a dynamic and rapidly expanding public health service providing acute, community and residential care services to the City of Melton and Shire of Moorabool in Melbourne's Western suburbs. Maternity Services offers a newly renovated maternity unit, birthing rooms, and a Level III Special Care Nursery. Perioperative services redevelopment project was completed and opened in June 2019, offering a state of the art theatre complex.
We offer a positive, friendly and supportive work environment to enable you to consolidate the fundamentals of your nursing practice. We focus on your ongoing professional development by offering an extensive orientation program along with 5 paid study days throughout your program. DjHS also offers salary packaging (up to $9010 per annum) and free parking at all of our sites.
In 2022, DjHS have 8 positions available for newly graduated Registered Nurses to join our innovative Graduate Nurse Programs (GNP). You will be employed on a 12-month fixed-term part-time contract (64 hours per fortnight). The program has 2 intakes - late January and late February.
All applicants must be eligible to register for the PMCV Computer Matching process. Please visit https://allocations.pmcv.com.au/ to determine your eligibility.
For further information on our Graduate Programs, please visit
The 2022 Graduate Nurse Program includes:
One x 6-month rotation in one of the specialties below:
- Theatre Services (Bacchus Marsh)
- Renal Dialysis Unit (Melton Health)
- Community Nursing (Melton Health and Community Services)
One x 3 months - Medical Surgical Unit
One x 3 months - Grant Lodge Residential Care Facility
Please include the following documents in your application:
- Cover letter (please include preference of specialty)
- Resume (with photo embedded within the document). Please include a list of all undergraduate clinical placements (location, type, hours)
- Certified Academic Transcript (with key attached)
- Copies of 2 recent Clinical Assessment Tools (at least one from an acute placement)
- Contact details (phone and email addresses) of 2 clinical referees (as nominated on your PMCV - Allocation and Placement Service registration)
- If you are unable to meet the documents criteria, please contact the Graduate Programs Coordinator to negotiate your submission.
You are required to upload your documents in two separate files - it is recommended to combine cover letter, CV and academic transcript into one file and clinical assessment tools into the second file.
Please note UPLOADS CANNOT EXCEED 4MB.
Further information requested on the application:
- Briefly address the key selection criteria. The key selection criteria can be found within the Position Statement.
- Organisations Values - how will you work within our values? (one paragraph only)
Applications must be submitted online - to apply for this position click Apply Now
The successful applicants will be required to provide a current Police Check and Working with Children Check prior to the commencement of employment.
For enquiries regarding the program or the application process, please contact:
Chelsea Cornford, Student and Graduate Nurse Coordinator
Djerriwarrh Health Services
Email: [email protected]
Ph: 03 5367 9824
Djerriwarrh Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Health, Nursing and Midwifery
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:16th Jun 2021, 1:59 pm