Graduate Therapist – Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist
Employment Term: Ongoing – Full Time or Part Time (minimum 4 days per week)
Locations – NSW Kingswood, Kotara, Bankstown, Harris Park, Liverpool, Seven Hills, Macarthur, Sutherland Shire and Albury.
Flexible Commencement Dates:
August 24th 2021
November 24th 2021
January 19th 2022
March 30th 2022
Base salary $70,000 plus Super for the first 6 months with a Salary Review after your probationary period.
Are you a career starter who wants to make a greater difference in your community?
We’re looking for new graduates across Australia to join us in shaping communities where everyone feels included. Where everyone has the same opportunities and choices and can live to their full potential.
We’re on a mission to break down barriers to reveal people’s true abilities.
Join the Everyday Independence team and you’ll work with and learn from some of the most talented and passionate people in the allied health and disability sectors. No two days are the same, but what will get you out of bed each day, will be the impact you make in people’s lives.
As a new graduate we’ll support you to transition from university to your new role with confidence. Supervision, mentoring, self-directed learning, on the job training and an awesome team who shares their ideas and experiences with you will help nurture your passion for empowering people to live their best lives.
You’ll get the ideal foundation in disability focused community therapy through an intensive 12-month Graduate Program. In your local hub you’ll be supported by an admin team and a Team Leader and share a laugh with team members who you’ll build real friendships with.
Let’s break down barriers. Together.
When you join Everyday Independence as a graduate, you get more than a job – you join us for a meaningful career and an ongoing commitment to your learning and development.
As a Graduate Therapist at Everyday Independence, you will:
- Identify the facilitators and barriers within your participants environment (attitudinal, social and physical) and set meaningful goals within an inter-disciplinary team. You may know this approach as the social model of disability.
- Share your thoughts, ideas and solutions that have helped you meet your Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Prepare evidence-based therapy plans and reports that highlight your participants achievements and the supports they need to continue towards their set goals.
- Evaluate progress and positive outcomes using person-centred tools, functional observations and collaboration with participants, their family and/or key stakeholders.
If you were here last week, here are some of the things you may have done:
- Delivered discipline specific therapy within a person’s everyday environment and routine, bringing their hopes and dreams to life;
- Accessed mentoring and internal supports to help grow your expertise and skills;
- Participated in a weekly team meeting and celebrated the wins of your teammates.
- Completed reflective practice to develop evidence-based therapy plans; and
- Worked collaboratively with your teammates within an inter disciplinary team.
Our Graduates are:
- Passionate allied health professionals with a strong advocacy for removing barriers using the social model of therapy.
- Empathetic, understanding, resilient, curious and self-directed.
- Driven to see high impact outcomes in people’s lives.
- Have a growth mindset and are non-judgemental.
- Committed to developing themselves and the people around them whilst displaying our Everyday Values.
- Currently registered with either AHPRA; and
- Able to obtain an NDIS Worker Screening Check.
We offer a range of awesome Everyday Perks so you can balance your work and life commitments, grow your career and most importantly enjoy work:
- Flexible working hours to create your ideal work life balance
- Ongoing career development and learning opportunities
- Professional development allowance
- Vehicle options including an allowance or access to a fully maintained company vehicle for professional and private use
Superannuation at 9.5%
- Paid Parental Leave (after 12 months of continuous employment)
- Purchase Leave options
- Wellbeing days
- Online Pilates & Yoga, free snacks, coffee, tea, vibrant pet friendly hubs and MORE!
At Everyday Independence we focus on creating communities where everyone has the same choices and opportunities to thrive. That’s why we’re working with our participants to break down barriers to reveal their true abilities.
We deliver a wide range of community based and online allied health services to people of all ages and abilities across Australia, and we are growing. With so many hub locations to choose from – you can choose a hub close to home!
We support people with disabilities in metro and regional locations across New South Wales, Queensland, Tasmania, South Australia and Western Australia.
How to apply
Have a good look around our website or socials https://www.everydayind.com.au/ to get a feel for who we are. If you think we’re a good match hit apply now or you can speak directly to our People and Culture Team on 1300 179 131 or email us at [email protected]
Everyday Independence is proudly part of The Circle Back Initiative and we are committed to responding to every candidate throughout the Recruitment Process.
Everyday Independence embraces and values inclusion. We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, workers of all ages, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. If you have any support or access needs, we encourage you to advise us at time of application. We are committed to providing flexible ways of working for every role. Talk to us about how this job could be flexible for you.
Everyday Independence is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children, young people and adults with disabilities. We require all candidates to undergo screening prior to employment including but not limited to; holding or obtaining an NDIS Worker Screening Check and a Working with Children Check / equivalent in accordance with State laws.
- Job type:Entry Level Jobs
Exercise Physiology, Health, Physio and Occupational...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:16th Jun 2021, 1:59 pm