The purpose of the Graduate Geotechnical Engineer is to provide assistance in ensuring that sites comply with the relevant Mining Act and regulations with respect to managing geotechnical risk.
Start your journey with Evolution and contribute to the company’s Vision, Goals and Values.
- Develop experience and gain exposure within the Geology, Surveying and Tailings Storage Facility team
- Be “solutions driven” to remedy any current or foreseen geotechnical risks
- Support and provide assistance within the Geotechnical team in a wide range of activities
- Location: Mining Operations.
At Evolution, we’re passionate about Our Culture and Values.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity, offering exceptional career environments at our Sites and our Group Office, that are challenging, rewarding and fun for all employees.
We are regularly supporting our employees’ work-life integration and provide a stimulating and inclusive environment to foster development.
About the position
The Graduate, Geotechnical Engineer enables you to unlock your potential, allowing you to develop experience and gain exposure within the Geology, Surveying and Tailings Storage Facility team.
At Evolution we want to be the highlight of your careers. Key result areas in this position include:
- Data collection for geotechnical models.
- The design and analysis of open pit and underground excavations.
- Monitoring and risk assessment whilst striving to produce safe, practical and economic designs.
- Actively looking for continuous improvement opportunities.
A Graduate Geotechnical Engineer you will have the ability to carry out a range of activities within a demanding environment and learn from experienced technical team members.
The following areas are also important:
- Qualifications in Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Geological Engineering, Mining Engineering degree, or a Geology degree combined with a relevant Geomechanics studies (Masters or Graduate Diploma) complete within the last 3 years.
- Strong communication and presenting skills.
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills to deliver results.
- Applying Expertise and Technology, with the passion for driving a solutions mindset.
Closing date: 26th April 2021
We thank you for taking the time submitting your application. For more information, you can contact [email protected]
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to build our team, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or cultural background. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape and contribute to the Evolution vision.
As part of the application process, Evolution will be collecting your personal information to assess your suitability for the role.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
Regional New South...
- Program Duration
- POSITION START DATE
Jan 2022 (approx)
- Closing Date:26th Apr 2021, 7:00 am