The role of Tax Consultant involves participating in tax engagements and other related activities under the guidance of more experienced personnel, and establishing and enhancing relationships with the appropriate personnel on assigned clients.
For a substantial portion of your client base you may become the prime contact for your clients, the Inland Revenue and other professionals. You will work closely with other members of the tax group at EY, in addition to developing relationships with various audit and business services personnel who will be working alongside you with your client base.
You will prepare tax compliance and consulting advice for your client base, liaising with partners, principals and managers as required as a member of the various client service teams.
- Provide tax services and advice to Ernst & Young Group Limited’s client base in Christchurch as a member of the Tax Group under the guidance of partners, managers and senior consultants.
- Liaise with other tax partners, principals and managers to identify taxation issues and opportunities arising from tax assignments.
- Participate as required in sales and client development projects.
- Contribute to client satisfaction by providing clients with timely, responsive, value-added services and products of a high quality.
- Respect and maintain the confidential and proprietary nature of the client relationship and all work-related products.
What degree, which service line?
Diverse degrees lead to diverse thinking which is what we are looking for as we progress into the Transformative Age. We’re looking for students from a range of degrees for different areas across our business for our Tax service line. Find out more about our service lines and Tax, please go to www.ey.com/nz/en/services.
To apply for our Graduate Programme, you are required to be:
- In the final year of your degree or as a graduate, within 18 months from your graduation date at the time of application
- A New Zealand or Australian citizen or a New Zealand permanent resident. International students should refer to our criteria on our website before applying
Please visit our website if you have any questions or if you want to understand our recruitment process and next steps from here. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via [email protected].
Applications will close once filled. So log on and apply early to get the best opportunity to secure your graduate role! www.ey.com/nz/careers/apply
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by Ernst & Young or by their external third party provider.
© 2019 Ernst & Young, New Zealand. All Rights Reserved.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Administration, Agriculture, Architecture, Actuary, Arts...
New Zealand Working Visa, Australian...
Christchurch (New Zealand)
- Closing Date:25th Oct 2019, 1:59 am