FINEOS is a global market leader in core insurance technology for Disability, Life, Accident and Health.
FINEOS people are customer-centric, team players and high achievers. Our environment is built on trust and collaboration, where we challenge positively, innovate and collaborate to deliver great results.
We are proud that some of the major insurers in the AsiaPacific region such as ACC, TAL, Westpac, AMP, CommInsure, TAC and Worksafe amongst others are our valued customers, who care for the people they serve through the use of our superior insurance technology software.
FINEOS provides a diverse and inclusive work environment and we offer many benefits to ensure your professional development and well-being. We offer Graduates excellent opportunities to learn with fast career development and a competitive salary and benefits. Our Head Office is based in Dublin, Ireland with our APAC offices located in Melbourne, Sydney and Wellington and further offices in Poland, Spain and North America.
FINEOS is currently seeking Graduate Software Engineers to commence our APAC Graduate Development Program in February 2022.
As a FINEOS Graduate Software Engineer, you will:
- Receive your induction through the FINEOS APAC Graduate Development Programme. This programme will develop your core FINEOS product and solution knowledge and enhance your existing technical skills which will enable you to perform at a high level within our Agile Scrum Teams.
- Navigate through rotations, where you will contribute to all aspects of the project lifecycle including requirements, analysis, design, build, test and support.
- Attend offsite and virtual training days and work with your mentor on your personal and professional development plan
On completion of the FINEOS APAC Graduate Development Program, you will be a FINEOS Software Engineer, and your responsibilities will include:
- Participate in development as well as analysis and design of the FINEOS product
- Produce quality technical documentation to support the design and development process
- Manage the development of individual solution components within a project
- Participate in the creation and review of estimates around technical aspects of the solution
- Work closely with Technical and Business Leads for direction and compliance
- Develop an understanding and knowledge of insurance and our customers
- Understanding and manipulating the data model at a database level
Your current technical skills or knowledge will include:
- Web Based Java Applications
- Java and JEE technologies such as JSP, JDBC, JNDI
- Relational databases (ORACLE or SQL Server)
- XML Related Technologies
- The Agile Software Development methodology
- Application servers such Tomcat, JBoss or Websphere
You might also have knowledge of:
- Cloud based technologies
- Integration technologies such as Web APIs, SOAP and REST
- Development tools such as Gradle, Jenkins, JUnit, Eclipse, GIT
You will also:
- Be a forward thinker and have a collaborative approach to problem solving
- Have great interpersonal and communication skills
- Have an ability to work under pressure and enjoy the teamwork the comes with working together to achieve results and meet deadlines.
- Have a commitment to working within a team, and a focus on enhancing team effectiveness
- Be able to adapt to new challenges and always adopt a win-win approach.
FINEOS offers rapid career progression for career-minded individuals. We adopt a blended approach to learning which encompasses self-paced learning, workshops and on-the-job learning. With time, the right aptitude and dedication, you will become a Senior Software Engineer with the possibility of leading FINEOS project technical teams, driving solution implementation and innovation. Senior Software Engineers also have scope to move into other key senior roles such as Solution Architecture or DevOps and CloudOps.
We pride ourselves on having an open and friendly environment where everyone matters. We are supportive and collaborative with a relaxed but hard-working environment. People work at FINEOS because they enjoy it. They enjoy contributing their own ideas and being heard. They enjoy working with like-minded peers – peers who challenge them, support them and inspire them.
FINEOS is an equal opportunities employer.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Engineering Software, Information Systems,...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- POSITION START DATE
Feb 2022 (approx)
- Remote Friendly
- Closing Date:31st Aug 2021, 1:59 pm