Company Profile - Graduate Health and Safety Officer
This is an opportunity to work for an exciting Australian startup founded in 2020 with a head office based in Melbourne. The company is a forward-thinking recycler that focuses on solving waste problems! The business team is young and environmentally conscious, while the operations team possesses extensive skill, knowledge and experience in waste and resource management. This growing team are joining the recycling force to address the immediate crisis of pollution caused by the illegal dumping of waste tyres. They believe that running a recycling business is about providing a sustainable waste solution to society while protecting employees, the community, and the future generation.
Job Description - Graduate Health and Safety Officer
This is an exciting opportunity to join the team at a brand-new recycling facility located in Altona North. They are looking for a positive, team-oriented, enthusiastic person with qualifications in health & safety science, engineering or a WHS-related discipline.
Key Responsibilities - Graduate Health and Safety Officer
In this Graduate Health and Safety Officer role, your responsibilities will include:
- Researching health and safety legislation including WHS harmonisation.
- OHS administration tasks.
- Ensuring Occupational Health and safety processes are implemented and adhered to.
- Prepare and present regular OHS reports.
- Measure, identify improvement areas, report, and take corrective action
- Ensuring the business complies with agreed and approved internal and external Health & Safety policies, guidelines, legislation & frameworks
Job Requirements - Graduate Health and Safety Officer
- Tertiary qualifications in health & safety science, engineering or a WHS-related discipline.
- Strong written, verbal, analytical and presentation skills.
- Any work experience undertaking WHS advisor or officer duties.
- Certificate IV in Training & Assessment (or willingness to undertake training).
- Familiarity or experience in the use of WHS information systems.
- Current driver's license.
Benefits of the Job - Graduate Health and Safety Officer
- Join an exciting startup who are having a positive social and environmental impact.
- A competitive salary package of $60,000 - $70,000.
- Work with a friendly dynamic team who are all passionate to reduce waste.
- Play an impactful role in the rapidly growing startup
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Business and Commerce, Construction, Customer Service,...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, Australian Citizen
- POSITION START DATE
Aug 2022 (approx)
- Closing Date:15th Aug 2022, 1:59 pm